• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HSM Brass

trpr154

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2009
KS
Anyone use once fired HSM brass to reload. If so, what did you think?
What brass would you compare it with? I bought some of their Match ammo, hoped the brass would be good quality. Searched, but found no answers.

Re: HSM Brass

I didn't know it was Federal Brass. Thanks for the Info. I've used federal brass before, and it's definetly soft. Tried to use it in a DPMS .308, it left some pretty good marks in that stuff. This is 338 Lapua Brass, for a bolt gun, so hopefully it will work alright. I bought Lapua brass also, but if I have the HSM brass might as well reload it.

At one point they used Winchester brass for .308, but then converted to Federal. I never bought any of the 338, so it may be worth asking them directly.

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HSM brass is FC (Federal) brass, on the stuff I have seen. Federal brass is soft, and will need to be trimmed more after firing and sizing. But will work fine. </div></div>

Is this also true for their 50 BMG brass as well?