• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HSM bullets

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
Anyone use the HSM T50 long range solid bullets in their 375 cheytac. They post a bc of .851 for the 333 grain solid on their site and the cost is pretty reasonable. Just wandering if anyone has had any personal experience with this brand of bullets and if so what twist was your barrel.
Thank you

DS

Re: HSM bullets

Never heard of them! Where would I get some? Right now I'm shooting Rocky Mountain bullets that cost me $2.25 a pop. (of course they claim a 0.926 G1 BC)

Edit: Oh! I found them. That <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> a good price!

wow, those are indeed the lowest cost solids I've seen out there.

I'd love to see a report on them as well.... I've got my hands full testing what I already have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never heard of them! Where would I get some? Right now I'm shooting Rocky Mountain bullets that cost me $2.25 a pop. (of course they claim a 0.926 G1 BC)

Edit: Oh! I found them. That <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> a good price! </div></div>

the LeHigh BoreRiders claim .941BC and I highly doubt that is correct... it may be that the .85 or so BC claim on these bullets is actually correct reporting. I just don't know anymore. I haven't shot out to their limit ( the LeHigh bullets )to know for sure. My drop table works with them out to 1830yds. ( they're 1.30ea )

You know what I'm seeing is that claims of super high BC... alot of it is BS... after seeing the outcomes of the bullet tests and real vs. claimed BC, I think from now on, I'm going to be one of those guys where testing will be the only real yardstick for me.

I'm not saying Rocky Mountain's claim is bogus... I just don't trust any BC claims anymore and therefore, I mostly dismiss all claims unless Mr. Litz has done some reporting for that projectile and unfortunately I can't find anything he's worked on for 375 bullets.

I like the idea of shooting this thing cheaply but, there's not going to be anything cheap about shooting this thing and, I'm not just going to go out and shoot out the barrel in mine anyway... ( that is what my 300wm is for ) I'm leery, I must admit but, I may buy 20 and see how they shoot. I buy my brass from those guys and they're nice folks. I should be able to load up the same load I have for the LeHighs to directly compare them.

Rocky Mountain should reply to these posts with an answer as to how they arrived at the BC they have listed for their bullets. It may be that they just tested them until they could get the math to check out. Anyway, I like them because they can be used for hunting. (Elk, buffalo, T-rex....)
grin.gif

Jwoolf,

Your instincts are correct regarding manufacturer reported BC values, and that means *all* with the exception of Lapua, and Barnes, who actually assume the cost involved in doppler radar validation (and there is even some wiggle room for variation in that data.).

The acoustic testing performed last December provided very good *relative* performance results, and for now that is about as good as it gets. The sampling size, and range, exceed the Litz testing significantly.

Do you think these HSM 333 grain bullets would work in a 1:10.5 twist barrel, or should the twist be slower?
Thanks
DS

jwoolf,
Have you shot those predators yet? I have been waiting for your report. Its finally opened up, here so we can get longer ranges. Ive got a 375 CT, 408CT and 338 Snipe tac to test. Thats going to be a fun week. Good luck, Steve

The HSM bullet is the same as the original Lost River Bullet. HSM bought the Lost River Bullet Co. out of Arco ID.