• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hss bolt handle

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
I just received an hss bolt handle for my tikka t3, and it doesnt seem to fit. The factory bolt handle slides in and out with ease and the hss bolt handle seems to wide. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these bolt handles. I emailed hss and im just waiting for a reply, but I figured I would check here also.

No go on the gun oil. I damn near soaked that thing in gun oil, and did everything short of beating it with a hammer.

I know that with my two factory bolt handles they are tricky. There is just a certain angle they go in at, if off just a bit they are a biotch. I imagine the hss are held to similar or tighter tolerance than factory.

Hss got back with me and said they have some that you have to run a file along the side. Im definitely impressed with there customer service. They always get back with me in a timely manner, and I received my product in 6 days.