• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Huber Concepts 2-stage Trigger Field Reports???

earthtrekker1775

The Prodigal Gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
PNW
Anybody using the Huber Concepts 2-stage trigger from the group buy? I haven't seen any news posted about them (positive or negative) since the group buy closed. I will have my custom Surgeon w/ Huber Trigger in a few weeks and would love to hear how they are doing in the field. Reliability, consistency, durability, pros, cons, etc.
The conspicuous absence of complaints usually means that things are working exactly as advertised, predictable and boring. Looking for details if you've got them. Thanks.

Re: Huber Concepts 2-stage Trigger Field Reports???

Lowlight used one for a while and has a small review up in the homepage if you havnt seen it.

Jake

Mine is Fantastic.
Crisp, consistent break point. If I could afford them, I would have 1 on every rifle I own.
My next quest is to get one with a 1-1.5# break weight instead of the 2.75#.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jakerz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight used one for a while and has a small review up in the homepage if you havnt seen it.

Jake </div></div>

Thanks Jake, I have read LL's review and everything else up to the end of the group buy. but since they have been sent out I haven't seen anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is Fantastic.
Crisp, consistent break point. If I could afford them, I would have 1 on every rifle I own.

</div></div>

Sounds good. Did you get a chance to test the weight on the trigger, is it in the published range? My trigger did not come with the print out of the trigger's graphed analysis, no harm, no foul - I just haven't taken the time to email and ask about it.

I can't wait to get it back and break it in.

Is there a noticable differance to the Jewell ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is Fantastic.

</div></div>

I bought two varminters. One is for a future build. I've been running the one on my .308 and it works very well. I haven't put my trigger pull gauge on it, but it feels good to me (2.5-2.75lbs).

Also, many of the places I shoot have fine grain sand, and the wind blows that crap into every little crevice you can imagine. Never a problem. The sealed trigger housing design is why I purchased this over a Jewell or Jackson - then again I'm not shooting any F-Class/Benchrest matches or for little bug hole groups outside of load development. Otherwise I might choose to go with the Huber "Sniper" trigger which has a lighter pull (1.5lbs IIRC), or a Jewell or Jackson.

Having choices is good. Choose the trigger for your intended purpose from any of the above and I'm sure you'll be happy.

If you want a lighter pull send it back to john and get a different spring put in, I'm sure he'll so it for free. I have a jackson and there a target trigger not good in field conditions they clog just like a jewell. It now sits in the tool box and I use huber triggers.

I purchased two of these ready to go in rifles that wont be too far off now, posted triggers off to my smith the other day, not to many Huber triggers in Oz. I too hunt in places that have lots of dust etc. and these look a lot sturdier than a Jewell along with the fact there sealed they should make for a great trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Is there a noticable differance to the Jewell ???

</div></div></div></div>

Bill,
I can not comment/compare directly with the Jewell, I have never owned one and only shot about 10 rounds with a friends. Compared to a tuned Remington and the 1.5 pound Rifle Basix the difference is in the "snap" when the trigger breaks and the extremely consistent let off point. I like two stage triggers and bought this to have a very light trigger with the safety of the two stage. I will contact Huber to see if they will change out the springs or something similar.
On the reliability side, I too shoot in lots of dust and dirt. I have had had both the Remington and the RB freeze up during the day. and on many occasions, they become very gritting and they loose all consistency. I have NOT experienced any change in the Huber. Great trigger!!