• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

huge +1 for Precision Rifle Solutions Tripods

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
First of all, I'd like to give a huge thanks to PRS, and Daniel (platypus) on the hide. PRS had been very well in tuned with their customer service and answered all of my questions promptly.

Over the past week, I have been using the tripods I have quite a bit, one for my rifles, the other for my spotting scopes.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Positives-</span>
These things are strong, and great tripods for the money. They have a huge range of adjustment, and I never had any problem getting into position behind the rifle or my spotting scope. They are phenomenal for the price, and I've never had a problem with mine.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Negatives- </span>
I can only think of one, and it wasn't to do with anything PRS does with their tripods. The head on the tripod is not the best for using a spotting scope. There is some backlash when tightening it down, and you have to get it almost all the way tight, or else, depending on your spotting scope, the picture will continue to travel up, due to weight and gravity, etc. I just plan on replacing the head of the Slik tripod with a manfrotto trigger head (or what to ya'll recommend for a good head with a spotter?)

And, obligatory pics-
DSCI0051.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0052.jpg

One thing I am going to have to do is repaint the tripods, and do more prep on them. The krylon isn't sticking the best, but I did absolutely no prep, so I am to blame for that, but for now, it works.

here is the link to their site

http://precisionriflesolutions.com

Re: huge +1 for Precision Rifle Solutions Tripods

Nice looking setup, I also ordered one of the medium tripods with the saddle, I think it is well worth the money and probably going to be ordering another for a spotting scope.

Walter

Danel and Sharon have great customer service and their tripod setups are nice. I bought an extra center section for my medium PRS so I can use it standing if I need to. With the extra center post I can go from prone to standing quickly. A large PRS would be more stable for standing but it will work.

Daniel of PRS was at the Bushnell Brawl match this past week at Rifles Only. I got a chance to talk to him in person and also he donated some of his product for the prize table. THANKS to him for his support.

I am wanting to buy one of these it looks like a good product!

I've had one for a couple weeks and used it several times. They are excellent. I plan on using it almost exclusively for a while to learn to use it better. I got the "high" model and don't regret it. It goes low enough to use prone, and I can use it standing if need be. I got a personal thank you written on my invoice. These are the kind of people you want to support.
-Dan

I bought a pistol grip head from Danel for mine and it improves an already good system. That will fix your only dislike. I use it for the LRF, spotting scope and camera. I sprayed mine with Alumahyde II with no prep except alcohol and it is going strong after 2 years of a bunch of use hunting and shooting.

A big second on PRS......they are great folks and a pleasure to give them business.

I'll contact PRS on the pistol grip head, thanks for the heads up.

These tripods are great, we were using these in the last Vapor Trail Tactical class. Sean uses them exclusively. They are on my list of "must haves"

Thank you all for your support and confidence in the products and us. We strive to bring a quality product to the shooting community that is versatile, durable and cost effective. We have several things in the works and hope to expand our product line to better serve the needs of shooters. Shay the SLIK AF 1100 E is a ball head we believe is not only as good if not better than many of the higher end units but believe with the addition of the independent pan feature makes more versatile. The grip head has a reducing insert to allow it to be a direct replacement for the small quarter turn ball head that comes with the small, medium, and large. The insert can be removed for attachment to tripod leg assemblies that have a 3/8" thread instead of the 1/4". The only down side to the AF 1100 E is the connector plates for this grip head are not interchangeable with the ones that come with the tripods we offer. The good news is we are currently working to build our own replacement quick release plates like what we built for the current small, medium, and large. We are currently working to stock these as an add on item at a very reasonable price. As ggmanning stated he has had one in service for a couple of years now as we have as well and found it to be a great addition to our shooting tool box. The only additional thing I have done to mine to make it work that much better is to degrease the ball itself to keep from having a little slip/droop with monster scopes on the ball head, plus this helps to keep dust and grime from collecting on the ball head. We will work to get a solid price on these grip heads and the plates built and added to the website as soon as possible. We certainly do appreciate everyone’s business and feedback as it leads to better products. If any one should have any questions please do not hesitate to email. PM, or give us a call.

Take care,

Danel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you all for your support and confidence in the products and us. We strive to bring a quality product to the shooting community that is versatile, durable and cost effective. We have several things in the works and hope to expand our product line to better serve the needs of shooters. </div></div>

That's great news.

I've been using your medium tripod for shooting and spotting and it is great. I look forward to your future offerings.

On the topic of new products, have you considered manufacturing a longer lever to replace the current ball head tension lever? Kind of like a 'Podloc' upgrade? I find the smaller lever can be awkward in certain situations.

Danel,

Thanks for the directioning for the head, I'll snag one and do a review on it as well, hopefully it'll solve the problem, which I'm sure it will.

Thanks,
Shay

I cant say enough about PRS and my transaction with them. Sharon went above and beyond to let me have a medium tripod with the large i was purchasing as well. Will buy from them again for sure.

Bill

If I need any more tripods, or know anyone who needs one, I'll definietly point them in this direction. Great folks to deal with, that's for sure.

Well, I'm ordering one of those trigger heads tomorrow, so, I'll have an update on that in the future.