• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Huge bind! Need new scale ASAP!

916dude!

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento,CA
My Lyman dps 1200 just took a dump on me lastnight after using it one other time last weekend! I'm taking a Rifles Only course starting the 29th and I supposed to have at least 500rds and I have a WOPPING 20! WOO HOO I SCREWED! there is a basspro and a sportsmans warehouse not too far from me. Any suggestions on what I might be able to get there ge next day mailed from somewhere else?
eek.gif

Re: Huge bind! Need new scale ASAP!

If you were in SoCal I would offer you to use my ChargeMaster 1500. Try to find someone in your area with a CM1500, and use it to load your ammo. Otherwise, you can see who has one in stock and is willing to overnight.

Do you not have a backup beam scale and powder measure to use? Reason I ask, I can't imagine using the DPS to load 500 rounds of ammo.

I'm going to bass pro today after work. And if all else fails I do have a lee safety scale! Thanks for all the help guys!

So I went to basspro and got the rcbs chargemaster combo and it works AWESOME!!!! THANK GOD!

Another person converted to the green side!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chargemasters are nice but....

For loading 500 rounds for a tactical class I would have purchased this http://harrellsprec.com/index.php?crn=49&rn=380&action=show_detail

</div></div>

He's probably doing a precision rifle class. Their shorter 4 day courses require 400 rounds for your precision rifle.

The class I'm taking is pr1&pr2. It's 5days. And my new charge master Combo works awesome!

caustic, I read the thread you sent. I might mess with the throw speeed in the future. as of right now, i have a good enough pace going with the stock setting. Im still a newbe so i dont want to get too ahead of myself just yet! Maybe next week LOL! Thanks for the good advice!