• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HUGE thank you to Rainier

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
Last February I bought a Rainier ultra match barrel for a spr build I was working on. I was never thrilled with the accuracy so after more than six months and 500 rounds Rainier took it back to check out the entire upper. Paul just called me and told me he was sending me a new barrel free of charge. That is above and beyond in my book and I will recommend Rainier to everyone I talk to about part's suppliers. They flat out kick ass.

Re: HUGE thank you to Rainier

Wow that is service. How bad was the upper shooting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last February I bought a Rainier ultra match barrel for a spr build I was working on. I was never thrilled with the accuracy so after more than six months and 500 rounds Rainier took it back to check out the entire upper. Paul just called me and told me he was sending me a new barrel free of charge. That is above and beyond in my book and I will recommend Rainier to everyone I talk to about part's suppliers. They flat out kick ass. </div></div>

+1 I've been having some issues with an upper I just finished with an UM barrel.

For now we've (Rainier & Myself) come to the consensus that its just a new components break in issue that should smooth itself out. I contacted them when I noticed problems (nothing serious) and they've been very helpful in diagnosis all the way. They even said they would inspect my upper if I shipped it to them. I thought that was pretty cool since the only part they supplied was the barrel and had nothing to do with putting the assembly together. I will buy from them in the future.

I've also been impressed with Rainier. My go-to people for anything AR related. Plus their UM barrels shoot like lasers.

Rainier's service is second to none...that's for sure and for certain!

That said...to the OP and others with issues on the UM barrels, did Rainier indicate to you what was wrong with the barrel? I'm just curious because I have had outstanding accuracy from both a 223 and a 308 UM barrel and have recommended them to others looking for a drop-in match barrel. If there is a new QC or other issue (service excellence aside), I'd like to know. TIA!!

I'm not sure on the UM bbls but I have a Select 18" in 308win from them. With my bbl I'm extremely impressed with the bbls potential. I know that alot has to do with the shooter's ability but I had my 308 out last weekend on steel at 500 yards. The plate was spray painted white with a red dot (assuming it was 6 inches or less from my 10x scope size) and was spot on POA/POI. I feel I can accurately say that this is a MOA bbl. Rainier puts out good products.

I always look to buy from Ranier first prior to looking elsewhere. They are good people

These guys are awesome. I'd look to Rainier to be one of the major players in the future, if not already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rainier's service is second to none...that's for sure and for certain!

That said...to the OP and others with issues on the UM barrels, did Rainier indicate to you what was wrong with the barrel? I'm just curious because I have had outstanding accuracy from both a 223 and a 308 UM barrel and have recommended them to others looking for a drop-in match barrel. If there is a new QC or other issue (service excellence aside), I'd like to know. TIA!! </div></div>

ORD-

I ended up doing some troubleshooting on my assembly with some dummy rounds, took detailed notes of what I was observing in terms of cycling and what it was doing to my brass running them in and out of battery. Note that I didnt say I was having trouble with my barrel, just the assembly as a whole.
smile.gif

I was having some issues with dropped primers that Im going to chalk up to the ammo since it only occurred with WWB Q3130. Additionally, I was having some excessive bolt "stiffness" when going into battery. I plan on doing a more detailed write-up on the whole rifle when I get to know it a little better...

With the collected data, RA and I narrowed down what we believe to be the problem. The ending advise being to allow the assembly to break-in a little more, continue documenting problems (if any) and keep them posted. Their observation was that on a new assembly containing so many parts with varying tolerances it may take 500rds or so for everything to break in well. As stated earlier, they continued to offer to inspect my upper if I sent it to them. I'd prefer to shoot it and observe more before it comes to that. Bottom line was they have been very helpful and forthcoming with information/advise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWM_5150</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD-

I ended up doing some troubleshooting on my assembly with some dummy rounds, took detailed notes of what I was observing in terms of cycling and what it was doing to my brass running them in and out of battery. Note that I didnt say I was having trouble with my barrel, just the assembly as a whole.
smile.gif

I was having some issues with dropped primers that Im going to chalk up to the ammo since it only occurred with WWB Q3130. Additionally, I was having some excessive bolt "stiffness" when going into battery. I plan on doing a more detailed write-up on the whole rifle when I get to know it a little better...

With the collected data, RA and I narrowed down what we believe to be the problem. The ending advise being to allow the assembly to break-in a little more, continue documenting problems (if any) and keep them posted. Their observation was that on a new assembly containing so many parts with varying tolerances it may take 500rds or so for everything to break in well. As stated earlier, they continued to offer to inspect my upper if I sent it to them. I'd prefer to shoot it and observe more before it comes to that. Bottom line was they have been very helpful and forthcoming with information/advise. </div></div>

Thanks, MWM. I did note that you indicated your issues were break-in/complete upper related and not specifically the barrel at this time. My question was more directed to the OP or anyone else having difficulties with the UM barrels themselves. Admittedly, the wording of my question wasn't all that good.
wink.gif
Hope you get your issues resolved and get the upper running full speed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rainier's service is second to none...that's for sure and for certain!

That said...to the OP and others with issues on the UM barrels, did Rainier indicate to you what was wrong with the barrel? I'm just curious because I have had outstanding accuracy from both a 223 and a 308 UM barrel and have recommended them to others looking for a drop-in match barrel. If there is a new QC or other issue (service excellence aside), I'd like to know. TIA!! </div></div>

I just got back in town after an elk hunt. Paul didn't say what the problem was, he just said that it didn't shoot ad well as he thought it should. For me it would shoot 1.5-2 moa at 100 yards with hand loads or factory match ammunition

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got back in town after an elk hunt. Paul didn't say what the problem was, he just said that it didn't shoot ad well as he thought it should. For me it would shoot 1.5-2 moa at 100 yards with hand loads or factory match ammunition </div></div>

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Rainier more than stepped up and remedied the issue believing the barrel was the culprit. FWIW, both of my UM barrels (.223/5.56 and a 16" 308) are sub-MOA shooters in my builds with both factory match and my reloads so I'd hope that a new tube would get you better results than than what you were experiencing with the bad one.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how the new tube runs after you get it squared away.

John and crew are top notch. Very to happy to have watched the grow over the years.

I'm a bit spoiled since they are a few miles away from me
smile.gif

Rainier Arms is THE BEST! There CS is top notch and products are the same.

You guys are killing me... Now I have to build a Rainier rifle just to see what all the fuss is about.