• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunt for TRG in 300wm

scsbronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Michigan
I started my hunt for a TRG a few months ago. It may seem like a straight forward process, but the 300wm in no longer imported. I called every stocking dealer in the US with no luck.

Euro Optics told me it would be atleast two years before Beretta imports them again. I had a fellow contact me on another forum. He had one NIB he wanted 4200$. I couldnt swing that.

I started to look at putting a 5R 700 in a AICS. I had a few Remmys that shot extremely well with no work.

Losing hope I made one more google search a few weeks ago. The first thing that popped up was a Craigslist ad. I though scam (right).

I followed up with numerous emails. It wasnt a scam but the guy didnt want to ship out of NY. I call every shop in his area. I made all of the arrangement. It took another week for me to sell my LMT MWS. Turn those funds around and overnight them.

So, the fellow in NY dropped it off at the FFL. THEN, the storm hits you know SANDY!!! The shop had a busy number for days and the tracking number had no status.

Finally 10 days later the gun showed up at my FFL. He was already gone out west on a hunting trip. LOL

So almost four weeks after initial contact its home and ready to go to the range.

The gun was NIB. It came with a TAB sling, Brake, NEAR base, and a couple rails. I added the NF 5.5-22x56 and Badger Med rings.

C6EB2BF7.jpg

BDB62BB8.jpg

Re: Hunt for TRG in 300wm

Initial reactions:

Trigger is phenomenal
It seems lighter than my AICS 700's Ive had
Receiver is a tank
Bolt is smooth and sure
Im going to need the KRG adapter for the Bipod to get it out further
the TAB sling is awesome cant wait to use it.

Worth the hunt for sure- congratulations! I love mine, the trigger is unreal good, the rifle is as accurate as they come when I remember to do every thing right. Post up your range results as you get her broken in!

I m waiting on:
Lucas bore guide
Powder (h1000)
More brass

as soon as thats in ladder tests....

awesome story, good things happen with determination and patience.
good for you, and let's see some range pics when you got the time.
cheers.

Congrats, love my TRG. Before you spend the money on the KRG adapter, see if you can locate a real Sako bipod to try out. I like mine much more than any Harris, and that's the consensus among most TRG owners.