• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunter from Oz!!

Ackley Improved

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2006
AUSTRALIA
Thought I'd share what gear I take along for a hunt, geared towards long range hunting. I like to travel light as possible, which is not easy with a heavy rifle and the gear needed. After a few attempts a while back, I have become happy with this setup over the last 4 months odd.

rifles12563x750.jpg

Bushnell 8X42 Lengend ED's (check these out, better than I expected)
Kestrel 4500NV
PDA with Exbal
Swaro Laser guide
UHF radio
Ammo pouch
Water bottle,plus another 500mls can be carried in belt pouch.

It all packs in nicely, and with the TAB biathlon sling makes one heavy 17lb rifle feel a lot lighter on your back!!

Photo0081750x563.jpg

Here's a short video, from phone so quality not the greatest, shooting the 300WSM to 780m. Target, well had a few rounds to blow away so a small tree branch was the target!! 4 from 6 were hits!

It also shows how effective the APA little bastard brake is in reducing recoil. 300WSM shooting 200SMK's at 2905fps. Very small amount of felt recoil, makes follow up shots easy.

Off to shoot the 6.5X47L in F Class tomorrow for a bit of fun!! Nothing like a bit of competition!!

CHeers

Re: Hunter from Oz!!

Looks good mate. Where in oz are you?

Have you thought about cutting the barrel down on one of your shooters? Even with the TAB sling it looks like it might be a drama moving through trees and such.

Re: Hunter from Oz!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droopz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good mate. Where in oz are you?

Have you thought about cutting the barrel down on one of your shooters? Even with the TAB sling it looks like it might be a drama moving through trees and such. </div></div>

Not a chance of cutting them down, no need too. I do not hunt in areas that are heavily overgrown, sort of defeats the purpose of long range!!

The 300WSM is 28" plus brake, the 6.5X47L is at 26".

Cheers