• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting Africa, Suppressed! (Blood, gore and pic heavy)

There's a few reasons, to me a giraffe is no different than any other African animal. I like them and think the shoulder mount would be cool.

In this case, for $1500 I can feed a hell of a lot of people, the food goes directly to the folks, not passed down thru several crooks who skim their share like they do with the money and food sent by the stupid American foreign aid packages.

If you could've seen the expressions of the Bushmen who hauled off that big ass heart you'd understand.

Most trophy hunting there targets the old males who have shot their wad. This old black bull had a nasty liver, his teeth were going bad and he wouldn't have made it much longer. Rather than dieing and ending up under a pile of vultures he served a much nobler end to my mind.

I hope I made a little sense to you. :)

Spot on LegioX, spot on. I'm in complete agreement with your statements. I've been working west africa for 7-8 years and been in 50+ countries, one thing that Americans don't get, is how far food goes in a community. The warlords and the Junta's always stealing from the people on shipments of goods. There is nothing going to waste over there.

I've got an Uncle that goes over every year and digs a well or builds a school, four months later everyone is dead and piled up in the well. Feed them in small groups and don't bring too much attention to anything. It's fucked up over there, but the food doesnt go to waste, ever.

Cheers,
Breeze

Legio,

Fantastic pics. Glad to see the BREVIS 9.5MM put to such good use!

Nice shooting by the way, you know there was not any follow up necessary with those shots.

I will put a couple of the pics up on the site of your stick.

Legio,

What a great hunt - that was a lot of stuff for 7 days!

And I am jealous that you got to take a can over too. I used my PH's can on a couple of different occasions, on a .223 he had.

Don't have a can big enough though - and can't get one transfered before the next trip. I was planning on a 375 and 426 this next trip, biggest I have is a .338.

Maybe submit a Form 1 this week for a .375...... You have made me spend yet MORE $$$ on Africa! LOL - great trip sir, enjoyed the write up.

Just want to say Thank you. These types of trips are not easy to organize for most of us and the pics you supplied are like front row seats to me. Again, Thank you brother and hope we get to see some from your next trip!

Awesome picks. Went to Zimbabwe back in 2002. We didn't have much interest in a giraffe upon arrival, but after seeing them, we decided we would take one if the oppurtunity arose. Had a few chances, but the PH always said no, not a good one. I really think he just didn't want the hassle of dealing with that big of an animal. I want to go back so bad it drives me crazy sometimes. Once you've been, all you want to do is go back.

Legio,

What a great hunt - that was a lot of stuff for 7 days!

And I am jealous that you got to take a can over too. I used my PH's can on a couple of different occasions, on a .223 he had.

Don't have a can big enough though - and can't get one transfered before the next trip. I was planning on a 375 and 426 this next trip, biggest I have is a .338.

Maybe submit a Form 1 this week for a .375...... You have made me spend yet MORE $$$ on Africa! LOL - great trip sir, enjoyed the write up.

Thanks Mikee!!
If you need a can I can recommend the one I used, Byron was great to work with. I really like the short OAL of it and best of all I can still use my irons with the can installed. Linky-Link>>>

http://www.deltapdesign.com/suppressors/brevis-5-5mm-375-cal-magnum-suppressor

Nice pictures.

I went to South Africa last year and hunted suppressed, no issues getting the can in or out.

And the locals love cans, and the meat they get from your kills.

Now comes the long, long wait fro your stuff to get imported back to you. I'm at 9 months wait and expect my stuff back anytime now.

I went with a 300WM and came home and immediately bought a 375H&H for the next time. African game is very tough.

I'd think the proper way to do it would be a 5320.20 for ATF, just never was sure about State Department.

I usually don't troll the hunting sub forum, but I am glad I did. Love the write up and pics, LX.

Did you get a chance to grab some chow in Frankfurt?

My bucketlist will go to hunting in africa one day before i die :D. Very nice pictures

Unfortunately "wild" Africa is starting to loose it's footing. In probably less than a decade you'll really only be able to hunt in South Africa.
They are closing elephant hunting and cat hunting in a lot of areas. As soon as the money stops rolling in there's going to be trouble.
Hunter's money is the only thing protecting many of these animals. Without going in detail only someone that has seen the way things work there
could completely grasp it. I'm no expert by any stretch but I have a different perspective after seeing it.

I would advice anyone that wants to go to go. It will be one of the most unique experiences of your life.

I would like to get to Africa, but I might send my 375 to APA first. That is one sweet looking rifle.

It really turned out well. He chopped the bbl from 22" to 20" and replaced the front sight. I can witness the irons above the pic rail as well as over the suppressor. Not to mention the awesome FAT Bastard brake I can swap out on it. It WILL clear the firing line if needed! :D