• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting and Fishing in Canada

wilb

Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2006
White Sulphur Springs, WV
Two friends and I have forever reserved some time in September to get away for some hunting and fishing.

We're looking for somewhere in Canada, a few hours or so NW of Montreal or Quebec for some R&R with fishing. This is an off year trip, so we are looking to economize some.

A Friday thru Tuesday booking is best, sometime in SEPT 2011.

Any suggestions ?

Re: Hunting and Fishing in Canada

Quebec fish and game regulations: http://www.mrn.gouv.qc.ca/english/wildlife/hunting-fishing-trapping/index.jsp

Montreal is in a different province and will have different seasons. Small game license is =-$100 week long fishing license is =-$40. I have gone hunting in south east Quebec for the last 10 or so years. Check out the waterfowl hunting, there are hundreds of lakes. Check out the Zecs which are open to the public for a fee. I killed my bear in Zec St Patrice a few years ago. Went back in July to do some bass fishing. Here is a 3.-4 pound on from Lake Cranston:
CopyofDSC03322.jpg

lake in Zec St Patrice, which at one point is over 100 feet deep:
DSC03326.jpg

Good luck

Jerry

Re: Hunting and Fishing in Canada

Quebec is more "known" for caribou and black bear hunting, but there is a high population of deer on Anticosti Island. You may want to check it out.