• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting bipods for range work

GLG20

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2023
Northeast
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Looking for any input on the following bipods...quality? stability? real world effectiveness or gimmicky? Actually usable at full length, or not so much?

Also, if you had to use any of these for range work, say testing loads, would you have confidence in any of them, or would you be feeling like you are at a disadvantage and should be using something else? (meaning a different bipod, not a bag or something else)

Gunwerks Elevate
Backlanz Alpine
Hatch Outwest
Modular Evolution
Tier-One ATAC
Lightweight Ckye-pod

MDT lightweight single has been my favorite. If you want a bit more height than spring for the double. The single pull lightweight has done everything I need. If it gets too tall for it, than the tripod works perfect.

Reactions: usafa77
Take it for what it's worth. Purely anecdotal but I had the chance to get behind a Hatch bipod on a deer hunt this year. Super cool bipod but...

I found the adjustments super clunky and I struggled to get it locked into the height I needed. Especially with buck fever. I'm sure if I owned it and had more time before the hunt to learn it it would be no issue. Just something about the way the kegs telescopes was not working for me under stress.

Though while bored and glassing I did play with it and I did love how stable it was from prone, clear up to sitting. The sitting stability was awesome.

Not sure I would want to use one on the flat range. I'd rather just run my Atlas Cal for load development.