• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hunting cabin breakin...S. Central KY

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
First off Happy Thanksgiving

That being said I am so pissed at the fucking scum bags of this world..ok...so...yesterday turned into a disaster. I have been at my hunting camp(on my property) for the past two weeks. I left for a day and a half to visit a friend and came back to find my cabin had been been burglarized
frown.gif
They really hit the jackpot on this one. They stole about $6k worth of my stuff...including some stuff that can never be replaced....like my custom made damascus knives and thats not the worst....they took my laptop and the external hard drive. So I lost all my pictures in one shot- what I had on the laptop was backed up to the external hard drive. They took a lot of hunting gear and my $2500 honda generator. They even took my pillow and sleeping bag. The police officer that came out was a nice guy but is a rookie thats been on 6 months. Not like it would matter since the sheriff's dept does not process crime scenes- they just take the report and they dont do many of them lol....this is only the 317th report of the year lol. I am a police officer of 18yrs in south florida and we can do that many reports on one shift. Oh well....nothing I can do about it now. Just venting I guess...funny thing is they did not take my custom 308 hunting rifle so at least that was nice....hell it was sitting right in the open propped up in a corner next to other gear they took. Will take many years to recover from this one. I would post pics of the gear...but they have the pictures LOL

once again hope everyone has a great day

Re: hunting cabin breakin...S. Central KY

forgot to mention one funny thing...my knives are razor sharp...one of the fuckers cut himself as there was was some blood
smile.gif

Nothing worst than a thief. Same thing happened at a buddies cabin here. Get DNA from the blood... just like on CSI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Get DNA from the blood... just like on CSI </div></div>

LOL...if this was with my dept I could do that but the sheriff's dept here is in the stone ages...they dont even use computers

Call the Sheriff to collect the DNA!

Dksd,

Sorry to hear this.

I hope you have your system backed up with Carbonite as I can tell you that what they advertise is the truth. Found out the hard way a couple weeks ago when my system was paralyzed with the think point virus.

I bought a new machine and downloaded all my backed up files onto it. Everything was recovered.

Best of luck. One never knows.

Or maybe collect it yourself and have it analyzed. I would think one of the online paternity testing sites would be able to get you a result that maybe you could use should someone get caught, or maybe another SO in another county could run it. Worth a shot. At least maybe get it into a database so if the stuff turns up later or in years from now it could be an extra nail in a coffin.

If there were ANY firearms involved I know its something I don't want to say but contact the ATF and FBI they have the tools to do the DNA. If no firearms unfortunately only a larceny. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there were ANY firearms involved I know its something I don't want to say but contact the ATF and FBI they have the tools to do the DNA. If no firearms unfortunately only a larceny. Good luck </div></div>

yeah they left my rifle....which I am thankful for

Today, I am thankful I was not hunting with dksd39 this week...
laugh.gif

Sucks man, I can't stand a theif....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, I am thankful I was not hunting with dksd39 this week...
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LOL...damn thats a good one....so very true!

Thieves hit our hunting shack a few years back. The only thing they got was an old cast iron stove. I found it in a antique store a year later (couldn't prove it) with an asking price of $800 on it.
I hate people that steal!
Someone had been watching you. Got any neighbors?

Sounds like Tweakers at work there,you might get lucky if they try to move those Damascus Knives.Not the most common knives around.I just hate hearing about this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing worst than a thief. Same thing happened at a buddies cabin here. Get DNA from the blood... just like on CSI </div></div>

No seriously I got a lab that will do it and they will tell you their ancestral origins. Problem is it would cost you a few hundred after you have already been ripped off.

I was once robbed and you could clearly see finger prints on the glass. Could not get LE to lift the print. They don't really don't care...

What county was this in?

Sorry for your loss

Sorry to hear you got hit. I hope they get some of your stuff back, check the local pawn shops.

I hunt in Henry County KY on my buddies place, his cabin was hit last year. They got all his gear less guns because he had them with him. He is also an LEO.

sorry to here that does your insurance cover the losses

Do you need to borrow any gear to finish out the season? I'm sure that there are enough people here to outfit you for the short term. PM me if I can help. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, whats left of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May also contact the local pawn shops and offer a reward. </div></div>

there is only one pawn shop in the area so I will give that a shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chongoMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need to borrow any gear to finish out the season? I'm sure that there are enough people here to outfit you for the short term. PM me if I can help. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, whats left of it. </div></div>

thank you for the gracious offer. I still have a little gear but my season here has ended. Will be heading back to FL in the morning and I have more gear there to work with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What county was this in?</div></div>

metcalfe county

Most often than not, when people get robbed its from someone they know. I got some stuff stolen 6 years ago, worth about 5k, turned out to be someone I thought was my friend. Guess what I am hinting at is you might know the person, and they might be right under your nose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">forgot to mention one funny thing...my knives are razor sharp...one of the fuckers cut himself as there was was some blood
smile.gif
</div></div>

Collect the blood and have someone else run it. Collect the finger prints as well. There are ways to process the scene and get the ball rolling.

There'd be hell to pay and I'd be the collection agency..........good luck to you.

We have had a lot of robberies in my area of WV lately. I have a few friends who are LEO's. They told me that the thieves are leaving the firearms. The LEO's told me that there is a good chance to get caught when stealing firearms. So the thieves are leaving the firearms behind. They said the thieves can move other stuff pretty fast, and it is not traceable. They said most people will shy completely away from buying a firearm if they are the least bit suspicious that the firearm is hot. But they will buy untraceable stuff real fast. Tom.

If you were a little closer I'd try to help you out but Metcalfe County is a little far west for me to be much help.

Alot of rogues around here will steal everything but a firearm. I really don't know why that is unless they just know that alot of people keep records of the serial numbers on their guns and can easily be traced. I've worked a bunch of burglaries where guns were left untouched though.

Damn, I feel your pain, man. Where the hell are the police when you need them???

Our cabin gets broken into almost every winter (hunting season). It sucks but we just don't leave anything worth taking there. One of these years I'll camp out, 2000 acres is a lot of land to bury "things" on.

Sorry for your encounter with the scum. Best of luck recovering your property.

Regarding stolen property, firearms will say in NCIC database forever if reported stolen. Everything else "drops off" after one year.

Kevin

May be a little late but,

You could encourage the S.O. to contact the ER's in the area and see if anybody came in with lacerations in the time following the break in. ER nurses are usually pretty good at smelling BS stories. So I've been told.
smile.gif

Also, they might need to check as far away as E-town, Bowling Green, or Somerset. It is VERY common for people to drive for 2 or more hours, past numerous other facilities for whatever reasons in the reigon. (So I've been told.)

Also, if the local guys won't be of much help, maybe KSP(state police) could help.

Being ripped off sucks, BTDT.

Here's to hoping that karma really does have a wicked sense of humor.....

can't stand liars and thieves....sorry to hear about your equipment. I didn't realize they are becoming smart enough to leave traceable items behind (firearms)..."hard times flushes a chump."