• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting camp signs

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
I need ideas, with pics if possible, for signs for camp stands, roads, etc.... Cheap,longlasting and reflective are my only criteria.

Thanks

Eddie

Re: Hunting camp signs

pie tins on trees? maybe stick a "mailbox-type" peel off numbers and letters on them to number blinds, etc.
of course you can always spray paint the tree itself.
CW

What are you using them for?

At my family's ranches, we use simple reflectors that you buy at the hardware store and screw them into trees so that your headlights will catch them when driving around in the morning before your eyes are open. That way, our leasees can find their stands in the dark.

Would that work?

Being used to mark stands and roads. Not really for members, we know the names of the stands. More for when we have guests so they can find their way around. We have approximately 50 stands to mark as well as forks in the road to label as well.

Eddie

If you want it non-obtrusive, get reflecting thumbtacks, at the sporting good counter at walmart. Cheap, easy to spot, come in a bunch, so you cold make arrow shaped thingys, and they reflect from any light source from a long ways away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you using them for?

At my family's ranches, we use simple reflectors that you buy at the hardware store and screw them into trees so that your headlights will catch them when driving around in the morning before your eyes are open. That way, our leasees can find their stands in the dark.

Would that work? </div></div>

The same ones come on stakes that we use to mark our mailboxes in the bar ditches so they don't get smashed..... color coded ones work the same to mark routes if you don't have decent trees to screw to (mesquite).

Here's the verbage of the ones we used to keep near the Deer Stands:
"You No Hunt, You No Pass...Fer If You Do, I'll Kick Your Ass!"

Gander Mt. sells signs and stuff for camps and private property. i was just out there yesterday and saw a sign says something to the effect of "you are walking my property line, guess what time i walk it?" but it is more evil humor. They are hard plastic and the letters are cut-outs.