• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting Chassis

Army of One

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2022
California
In the market for a hunting chassis, and narrowed my interest down to the KRG Whiskey-3, the MPA Hybrid, and the MDT ESS or ACC.

Regarding durability, what I wanted to know is which of these would fair better in the field in terms of aggressive handling, being dropped, bumped, etc.

In asking myself that question, I gravitate towards the Whiskey-3 simply because the aluminum chassis in encased in polymer.

Thoughts, ideas, anything else I should be considering?

Considering that it's a hunting chassis, I'd look pretty seriously at the MDT HNT26. I'd also consider a couple different configurations of the XLR Element, which is also offered in a magnesium alloy. Both look infinitely adjustable for the end user, as well.

Had you considered looking at any of the Manners offerings, also? Their MCS-LRH looks like it may fit your bill seeing as you listed a few competition/tactical chassis, originally.

I mean, short of spiking it off the top of your truck or off a cliff, I'm not sure any of the options are going to be any less durable than the other.

Reactions: Secant
those are all heavy. but i've hunted with similar/heavier so it really depends what you mean by 'hunting'

chassis
HNT26 (handles recoil amazing for the weight)
Element magnesium (can be cold on the hands)

alternates
KRG Bravo (lighter and more of a stock feel) )and Whiskey-3 (heavier)
MPA Ultralight (bit heavier still)

stocks
McMIllan Game Warden 2.0
Manners LRH

Reactions: YotaEer
I like the KRG Bravo for a chassis that has a bit more of a stock feel. It is a very comfortable and a relatively light option.

For a stock, a carbon Edge McMillan A3 feels great in the hand. Light weight, rigid, and the lack of an adjustable cheek piece saves weight and is not needed with a low mounted scope.

In the market for a hunting chassis, and narrowed my interest down to the KRG Whiskey-3, the MPA Hybrid, and the MDT ESS or ACC.

Regarding durability, what I wanted to know is which of these would fair better in the field in terms of aggressive handling, being dropped, bumped, etc.

In asking myself that question, I gravitate towards the Whiskey-3 simply because the aluminum chassis in encased in polymer.

Thoughts, ideas, anything else I should be considering?
What action are you shooting? What made you chose the ones you listed? What is your desired final weight? What do you hunt and how? There are a lot of awesome options available, we need more information to make informed recomendations.

Reactions: b6graham