• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting In Germany

AC/DC

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2006
Kalifornia
I'm going to Germany soon, and I'm going to stay with some people that go hunting every weekend or so...

So, my question is: what should I expect in regards to hunting in Germany...?

Re: Hunting In Germany

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is hunting in Germany? </div></div>

LOL yeah apparently so..

They must be filthy fucking rich!
laugh.gif

What, you mean you've never heard of Jagermeister?

:]

Think they got Stag and Elchh but not the American type, european moose thing. Maybe some badgers, where are they hunting at?

they have some big ol Hogs and Red Deer, Roe deer (freaky looking antlers) over there. i know its very, very expensive and time consuming to get a license (was stationed there for 4 years). its not like here where you pay an out of state residence fee for a tag and go hunt. like triggernometry said they must be filthy fuckin rich.

expect a lot of red tape. My grandfather is a hunter, and its a PITA to get to hunt over there. And, yes, costs a pretty penny.

I'll call and ask what the regs are for visitors to hunt.

they live in Frankfurt I think. I have no idea really, my uncle knows them

Thanks shagggy

I spent a year in Frankfurt back in '92-93. Saw a lot of elevated hunting stands in the rural area south of Frankfurt. mostly flat land, agricultural areas mixed with wooded areas. Looks like the strategy is basic stand hunting, with action expected mostly around dusk when the critters leave their hidey holes in the woods to come out and graze the fields.

I have been hunting over there. The pigs have to be tested for radioactivity. Most of them you can not eat.The pigs are all baited in and most of the shots are less than 100 meters distance. I have seen most bait sites less than 30 meters from the stand. Not much of a sport if you ask me. I would rather hunt with a bow that with a rifle anyways. Quieter and takes more skill.

Private Clubs, Extremely Rich, Very Controlled, Typically baited. Open farmland or forest, some mix. Short shots.

Probably not like you are used to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Private Clubs, Extremely Rich, Very Controlled, Typically baited. Open farmland or forest, some mix. Short shots.

Probably not like you are used to. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been hunting over there. The pigs have to be tested for radioactivity. Most of them you can not eat.The pigs are all baited in and most of the shots are less than 100 meters distance. I have seen most bait sites less than 30 meters from the stand. Not much of a sport if you ask me. I would rather hunt with a bow that with a rifle anyways. Quieter and takes more skill. </div></div>

I guess going dressed like a greaser isn't such a good idea then

Also, Radioactive pigs, 30 meters.... what ?

My grandfather said much of whats been said already. Stand hunting at private clubs. A basic rifle with a 3x9 will do you just fine.

He said that where he hunts, visitors are allowed for boar. Anything with an antler is members only. He did not know what hoops a foreigner would have to jump through to hunt.

???

How come the radioactive piggies?

Don't forget to pack your lederhosen!

No really, many people wear it over there as formal hunting attire. I mean the traditional Oktoberfest looking stuff, not ass-less chaps...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlterEgo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">???

How come the radioactive piggies? </div></div>

Tjernobyl, they had a slight melt down there of a nuclear power plant, rememeber, 1986 I belive it was.

In sweden we still have elevated levels of radiation due to that crap.

/Best regards Chris

I was at an elderly German gentleman's home this week for some work. This guy's trophy room was loaded with big elk, caribou, etc so I asked him about hunting Germany.

He said that there's a couple years of school hunters go through, then a $10k license cost. Everything is private leased land, stand hunting for boar or maybe small deer, and you pay if you want to take your kill with you.

Now I'm not sure if this is the most current info, he hadn't been back in a few years.

I have a friend that goes to Germany every year to hunt,if someone is interested and wants the info,contact George Brady(Northwest Fur Harvesters) at (509)322-6844.

About 8 years ago when I lived up in South Dakota, I took a German foreign exchange student out and taught him about deer hunting. He was from Berlin and from a family of bankers. He said there was basically no hunting in Germany.

I think the highlight of our day was when I brought out a HK MP5 and told him in was build in Oberndorf and let him shoot it. He that thought was awesome.

Darin

Darin, you should have told the exchange student that everybody hunts with the MP5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Private Clubs, Extremely Rich, Very Controlled, Typically baited. Open farmland or forest, some mix. Short shots.

Probably not like you are used to. </div></div>

Having met 3 gentlemen from Germany last weekend I can tell you from talking to them that Weda is spot on. All 3 had a shitload of money and land of their own. Super nice guys thou!