• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting question.

zjmccauley

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2014
Colorado
Due to deployment I missed the initial tag drawing for the hunting season. Work has been hectic and I haven't been afforded a chance to attend the required hunters safety course for a license yet.
Leftover Limited tags begin selling on the 5th of august and again due to work I may not be able to get my license by this point and am worried to miss the season completely.

Does anyone have an idea on how long these tags will last until they are all gone?
Also, quickest recommended course of action for getting license?

This year you do not have to wait in a line to get the leftover licenses, you can purchase online. On the other hand that means they will go fast.

So you have this weekend to get into a class, many areas have weekend classes, although they are usually two day classes. Didactic the first day and then a shoot on the second. most only cost $10 or so . You get your card at the end of the class.

You can just keep checking the leftovers everyday, as they are pretty up to date and just hope the area is open that you want to hunt.

If it all does not work out you can always get tags for 006, this is the Walden area and includes north park (now CO state park). There are elk in them mountains, but you have to be very clever.

Depending on area you plan to hunt, over the counter bull tag may be an option. You might also look into hunting where leftover tags are available when you get a chance.