• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting questions for the Nevada folks

Al Rick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2006
Las Vegas
I was looking at the Game & Fish regulations and did not see anything related to hunting Big or Small game with NFA items - silencers or SBR /SBS. Does anyone know if it's possible to hunt with a silencer?

Also, are there other hunting opportunities aside from Deer, Elk, Rams, Goats and Antelope - like Aoudad, Javelin, maybe wild pigs?

Thanks

Re: Hunting questions for the Nevada folks

If I remember right it's kind of a gray area, NV DOW does not specifically have any regulations that deal with suppressors on weapons.

I seem to remember the topic coming up on an interview or somewhere along the line a statement was given that the DOW does not have any regulations themselves for/against suppressors while hunting but that they would enforce NV/Federal laws.

AFAIK NV has no regulations against suppressors so, as long as you had your stamp and were not doing anything else illegal with them, should be fine.

It would of course be best to call the DOW and verify.

I did find this:

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=4751

Again I'd want to verify.

Re: Hunting questions for the Nevada folks

Thanks, that's the same info I found as well. I was just looking for someone to say " yes is legal, I do it all the time! "