• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hunting rifle can?

siscoe308

Dimachaerus
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2012
Usa
Hiders, the Rifle will be a 24-26 barreled 280ai so I need a small package.

I’m a Thunder Beast fan boi so my first thought is the Ultra 5.

I own a Ultra 9 (30cal) & Ultra 7 (22cal) so maximum suppression isn’t the purpose of this can. I want to take the edge off one, maybe 2 outdoor/uncovered shots.

Several ppl have recommended the Dominus but I’m not sure I want/need that lvl of performance/+$300 for the little use I’ll use this “hunting” can for....

Am I crazy?

If I were going to buy a can specifically for hunting, it would be hearing safe. Just saying...
You are right, of course.

But I’ve hunted my entire life without plugs with unsupressed guns on big game.
Stupid but that’s what a big portion of big game hunters do, I bet.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Thx for the reply, @Zak Smith

That is exactly what I’m leaning toward....soften up the blast if walking about. If I’m sitting over a field I can always spin on the Ultra 9.

I think it is kinda weird thing for ppl to understand when maximum suppression isn’t the goal.

24” barrel and Ultra 7 gets my vote. You might even go 22” barrel

This will be my work horse elk gun, so I’m thinking the longer barrel to easily milk speed/down range energy out of the heavier Bullets.

If your not pressed for time see if TBAC comes out with a dominus K CB? Or just get the SR version.

I am loving the Surefire Titanium cans. They are not short and only come in one length, but they are very light and very quiet and come with their awesome QD mount.

here you go
D3A31100-7EC2-42E6-B2A6-DC5C7F254DA1.jpeg

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater