• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hunting rifle getting there

fastbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Cookeville, TN
not on the scale with most that post on here but i'm tickled with it.
This is going to be hunting rifle; still a few parts left till it'll go bang.
IMG_20101111_205800.jpg

Re: hunting rifle getting there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ti take off? What is it going to be? </div></div>

well i wanted to do a stevens/savage action and aftermarket barrel but found a deal on a (looks unfired but moved around a lot) standard rem 700 sps in 308. it's at the smith's getting the oe barrel cut to 20" and recrowned.
B&C medailist sporter stock
monarch 3-12x42
egw HD 20 moa base
burris rings

the smith is backed up so it looks like it may be 2-3 weeks till i get the barrel/action back

smith just called this evening and said he got board fixing broken stuff so he put mine on the chopping block. SWEET!!

asked if there was a crown preference, told him as long as it's recessed to do his magic.

if the rest of the parts show up it may go bang late next week.

Nice. Always good to have a nice hunting rifle in the stable. Make sure you post pics when you get it done.

By the way, interesting gun rest (your glock).