• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting rifle under $2000

Nate60x

Carrying a C average
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
A friend of mine wants a new bolt gun for coyote/deer hunting. $2000 hard cap. 6 creed or 6.5 creed, mlok bottom rail or similar for mounting an arca rail. He seems to be hung up on the bergara ridgeback, I would like to give him some other options. He is open to a diy build or factory rifle. Any suggestions?

thanks

Reactions: 808caliber
A friend of mine wants a new bolt gun for coyote/deer hunting. $2000 hard cap. 6 creed or 6.5 creed, mlok bottom rail or similar for mounting an arca rail. He seems to be hung up on the bergara ridgeback, I would like to give him some other options. He is open to a diy build or factory rifle. Any suggestions?

thanks

I have a 6 dasher on the forums for a rock bottom price. Been sitting in my safe so wanna get it to someone who will put to use. It is unfired

Pva minuteman 6 dasher 105 reamer
Bighorn tl3
22 inch rock creek 5/8 x24 (no thread cover)
Mcmillan a5a inletted by mcmillan for bighorn tl3 / m5 bottom metal
100 pieces norma BR brass
Whidden 6br die set

Dm me if wanna make offer brotha.

I would take a look at the springfield waypoint that is coming out. Also take a look at Seekins Havak. There are lots of aftermarket options for bolting on ARCA rails to the underside of the forearm.

Seekins Havak.

A tikka leaves more in the scope and ammo budget.

DIY custom is definitely an option.

$825 Big horn Orign
$100 trigger
$350 prefit barrel
$450 grayboe stock w. bottom metal from redhawk rifles
------------------
$1,725

Add or subtract where you like and you're still under $2,000.

Never had more choices in this price range, but I'll be the first to say that for most applications you don't NEED to spend this much, but you may WANT to for various reasons.

Seekins Havak.

A tikka leaves more in the scope and ammo budget.

DIY custom is definitely an option.

$825 Big horn Orign
$100 trigger
$350 prefit barrel
$450 grayboe stock w. bottom metal from redhawk rifles
------------------
$1,725

Add or subtract where you like and you're still under $2,000.

Never had more choices in this price range, but I'll be the first to say that for most applications you don't NEED to spend this much, but you may WANT to for various reasons.
Thanks

Tikka
Talley 1 piece mount/rings
Scope

more $ for glass.

If he goes 6 creedmoor, be sure to let him know its actually the 6mm Skinny Jean.
the 6.5 is the Man Bun.

I have had and have a number of rifles. With a decent sample size, havent seen one that doesn't shoot.
Have heard CS blows if you have issues (bolts) but LRI makes a drop in replacement now.