• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting rifle weight

• Thread starter Deleted member 188725
  • Start date
Most blokes in Britain do not hunt the distances you can in America, that is why there will be a few differences to the kit we use.
We can only look on with envy at the amount of kit and variations you have over there.
Glad you're still able to hunt over there. My understanding getting a suppressor is about the same as getting a firearm correct?

Glad you're still able to hunt over there. My understanding getting a suppressor is about the same as getting a firearm correct?
If you put in a variation for a new weapon, most people put in for a moderator to go with it, so its not that much of a problem. Some areas have slow and not to helpful firearms departments, fortunately the county I live in are one of the better ones.

Reactions: xsn10s
38B63E28-D22B-4F78-B354-C6F6CDD26F38.jpeg

I just put together a new custom 308 for this deer season and it came to 10lbs. 1oz. without mag/ammo, bipod and can. I overbuilt this gun on purpose and I could have saved a ton of weight in the stock, rings, and optic alone but this gun isn't going to be used in the mountains rucking it for days while chasing big game up and down the slope, it's a Texas stand rifle, the most I'll ever have to carry it is a 1/4-mile. I've already got a much lighter (12-14oz. less) hunting focused stock on order to replace the AG Composites Adjustable Hunter that's on there now which is pushing 2.5lbs. on its own so I'll bring that total weight down nearly a pound and that'll be about the perfect weight for when I add the can, mag/ammo and bipod to it.

Lol, I drilled a hole in my 300 win mag Browning A bolt stock behind the butt pad. Poured melted lead in the hole. Increasingly drilled out the lead until I liked the weight and the rifle's balanced. Probably weights 12.5 pounds with rounds in the mag. Love it.