• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes hunting scope for remmy 30.06?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
I am lookinf for a hunting scope for a remington 700 in 30.06. I want something in the 3-9X40 range. I also want something I will never have to replace. I was thinking of a Zeiss Conquest with the Rapid Z600 reticle. Then I read some bad things about that reticle in a thread on this forum. So should I go with the same scope but with a duplex reticle instead. Or are there other options out there? I will be hunting whitetail deer at max range of 400 yards, with some hunting in lowlight (not dark). Limit is in the $600-700 range.

Re: hunting scope for remmy 30.06?

Zeiss Conquest scopes are the best hunting scopes at their price level. After that I'd consider a meopta, new leupold vxr or maybe get something simple like an IOR fixed 4X.

Nothing wrong with the rapid z reticule. It's a good reticule for holding over when hunting. Just keep in mind it is SFP so the reticule only works at a certain power (probably 9).

Never replace it? Not sure about that but Zeiss has been around forever and they warranty everything for life so if/when you have a problem it will be taken care of.

edit: if you're familiar with the super sniper 3-9 that would do what you want as well as long as you don't mind hunting with a tactical scope.