• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting with a chassis?

dill84

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2005
I have a 16.5" .308 on order and want to put a DBM on it. I like the folding stock option chassis offer but not sure how I would like it in a cold stand or on drives. Does anyone do it or have tried it?

chassis is where its at for me. doesnt seem any more cold then my fiberglass stocks. if something is cold its just cold. theres no magic heat retention in fiberglass.

For my hunting rifle build I went with a KRG X-Ray. I really wanted a Manners EH1 but for a LA they're hard to come by. At 3.1 lbs the KRG Xray is hard to beat IMHO.

Reactions: eugevita
My only complaint is the rattly magazines of the krg whiskey chassis my buddy has. They don't lockup like my badger or surgeon bottom metals do. Not sure if the xlrs are better. I'd like to try one in the future. But for the money. I wasn't impressed with the KRG. We had ai mags. 5s and 10s. Accurate mags. They were all the same. And I don't mean a little wobble. I meanriding in the truck or walking with the rifle would make me suicidal. Are the xlrs better?

I am on the prowl for a manners EH series stock, but until then my hunting rig is in an AICS. I don't think it will make any difference in my style of hunting, but in a spot and stalk situation I would prefer the lighter EH series stock.