• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting with Berger 144gr Hybrid 6.5 Creedmoor

KnightOfNee

The One
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Have any of you Hunted with a Berger 144gr Hybrid or an Berger EOL extreme hunter 156gr in 6.5 creedmoor? and if so, what have been your results?
And if you have any of your load data,barrel length and speed, please post it.

There seems to be alot of conjecture on other forums, some saying the Berger target bullets still work great on game yet some say even the hunters don't work well because of zero exit wound for a bleedout.

I loaded some up using RL-16, best group at 100yrds was at 42gr., a tad higher than Berger suggested to me as well, about 3/8” out of my F class gun, didn’t find what I was looking for, going to try again with the H4350 see how that goes

I shot a deer a couple years ago with a 140 hybrid target. The shot was about 370 yards, the deer turned toward me after being shot, and not only was there an exit wound, it looked like someone was dumping out a gallon jug of blood from its side. It didn’t go more than 20 yards.

Impact velocity was around 2200, and there was about a 2-3” exit.

I was using Lapua srp brass, 41.5gr H4350, and 140 hybrids. Muzzle velocity was about 2620 out of an 18” barrel.

IMG_4183.jpeg