• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting with serria matchkings anyone try it?????

30-378

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
PA
Has anyone hunted light skin game such as whitetail deer , antelope , cyotes etc. with the 175 Serria Match King ? And what were the results ? And would you recommed them to hunt with. I know that they ( Serria) does not recommed hunting with them . Give me some feed back.

Re: Hunting with serria matchkings anyone try it?????

Its been beat to death but yeah, If you poke to boiler room it will work. Shot placement is key to any shot on game.

Toddacguy wacked a pig last weekend w/a 175 black hills...DRT

I am sorry if this topic has been beat to death. I could not find this question. So once again I ask for your advise. I am not looking to wound an animal and that is why I asked the question. I have taken ALOT of big game but however not with this bullet. So any one with info please let me know

I can say that they have worked very well for me on deer sized game. Close up and far away, very deadly!

Sorry but it has been beat to death, but I'll tell you anyway. I took a doe antelope a few years back with a 200smk, worked perfectly. I took a spike bull elk two weeks ago with a 175smk from 560 yds away, and a nice 3x4 mulie last weekend with the same. I agree with whats been said, they will work just fine if put in the right spot.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...631#Post1392631

i dont use them personally, but my cousin shoots the 175gr bthps out of his SuperSASS and his SR-25. Seen him take 'yotes, 'goats, mule deer, white tail and his 6x6 bull last year with out any problems. same as everyone else said. it may not be ideal, but IMO its all in shot placement

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30-378</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone hunted light skin game such as whitetail deer , antelope , cyotes etc. with the 175 Serria Match King ? And what were the results ? And would you recommed them to hunt with. I know that they ( Serria) does not recommed hunting with them . Give me some feed back. </div></div>

There are even more now, but here is a few from a previous post

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

link 5

link 6

link 7

link 8

link 9

link 10

link 11

link 12

link 13

Just a few I was able to find. I use Berger's VLD myself, but as always shot placement is key.

This topic has been beat to death. There are folks that have strong beliefs on both sides. Personally I use 168 SMK's for deer and have had excellent results. This is last year's victim. He was at a dead run at 85 yards, 1 168 SMK over 44.6 grains of varget to the heart/lungs and he was DRT! They do work, that I know! The second pic is what a deer heart looks like after meeting a 168 SMK!
000_0285.jpg

101_3042.jpg

I wouldn't... I almost lost a nice 8 point last year... Dead center double lung shot at 80 yards... He only went 40 yards, but not one single drop of blood... Just a small hole in, and a small hole out. I was using the 168 gr.