• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Huntsville, Tx range finally started

cockcroft

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2004
Huntsville, Texas
Built the berm yesterday. Hope to pour concrete firing line next week and built roof. Can shoot to 600 yds from covered line and up to 1000 from a different firing line that will not be covered now. Will start with 12 concrete benches that can be moved off firing line to allow prone shooting.
Hope to arrange weekends for shooters to practice and have matches here also. Camping with water is also available.
Will keep you posted as to progress.
2010_03_31_IMG_0017.jpg

2010_03_31_IMG_0011.jpg

2010_03_31_IMG_0016.jpg

PETA DISCLAIMER
Only one cow died building this range
2010_03_31_IMG_0010.jpg

Re: Huntsville, Tx range finally started

Awesome! Keep us posted!

I've heard rumers. Its great to see another 1000 yrd range within an hour. Any Ideas about steel?

Fantastic, I'm glad to see another range to 1k. I'll second the question about steel...

outstanding
when do you open???

maybe you could out a deal with the State for some cheap moving targets

Cool, keep us updated. Especially if you have steel out at 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe you could out a deal with the State for some cheap moving targets </div></div>

Yeah, give all those prisoners a little exercise!
smile.gif

Another question I know many will be dieing to know. 50bmg friendly??

I was hanging on to the 1000yd range at Bayou as my reason to not move to the north side of town. This may be the icing on the cake.

A little more progress yesterday. Built up the firing line to get the elevation need to shoot prone off the concrete. Plan to pour 10 x 90 concrete firing line Monday. Mowed pasture also and my son fired a few rounds at 600
2010_04_06_IMG_0028.jpg

2010_04_06_IMG_0024.jpg

Excellent!
I've been looking for a place past 600.

TAGGED!!

Just getting started and I'm black balled already.

William will build my guns and then tell people not to let me shoot them. Boy thats a great way to generate business!
You wouldn't ban a fellow Texan on what a coon ass might tell you?
grin.gif

James H will be interested in this as well

I'm thinking .338L. The only reason I haven't built one is because our place goes to 600.

Dont take this as disrespectful but........

...I cant wait tell you open so I can shoot the hell out of that berm!

hey, i might even make a trek from Katy, only if yall will allow shooting steel

Awesome!! I've had 1 shoot at my place this year and have a second scheduled for May 28th weekend. Its just up the road in Crockett. I hope to get berms built and extend out past 1000 this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome! TAG! I am assuming this is the place off 1791??????? </div></div>

Saw the sign on FM1791 (between I45 and Hwy 30). It was for Able Ammo Range.

Maybe that was a different one.

Able Ammo is building a new store and range on FM 1791.
My construction company has already build the skeet ranges for them on that property. There will be a large new store, sporting clays, skeet, rifle and pistol range. Will be a nice place. Waiting on power company to bring power to the property to start store construction. They decided not to build a long distance range at their new location, that's when I decide to go ahead with my plans.
My place will not be open to the public or compete with theirs.
We will have long distance matches and scheduled practice sessions, targets and steel, along with LD benchrest matches. I can't sit out there every day waiting on one person to come shoot.
2010_05_01_IMG_0039.jpg

Trying to get roof finished now. 12 ft. deep roof 90 ft. long

Looks top notch. I have been looking high and low for a >300yd range, then praying for one. Thanks for building one.

Any of you guys from the area interested in the Memorial Day weekend shoot in Crockett, I still have a few spots open. Let me know. Thanks

Cockroft, it is looking awesome I would be interested in hearing more about the practices and shoots when it is completed.

Let us know when you open the doors! Good luck and well done....