• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hurricane Irma

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Still a long ways out, but it's beginning to get my attention.
Forecast Tracks as of 9/2/2017 [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/dsx.weather.com\/util\/image\/map\/MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL11_storm_info_1280x720.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/my.sfwmd.gov\/sfwmd\/common\/images\/weather\/plots\/storm_11"}[/IMG2]

Links for weather geeks.

https://www.ventusky.com/

http://spaghettimodels.com/

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/qpf2.shtml

Last edited:
That one looks worrisome... After 10 years without a big one... we're due.

Hugo was the first hurricane I experienced... living in Fayetteville area. We didn't take it seriously. Hurricane party and thought it would just be a big hootenanny! It wasn't.

I never failed to take a hurricane warning seriously after seeing what happened to Charlotte.

Cheers and stay safe

Sirhr

Well of course it it coming yourr way tucker. All that yard work you did, and posted pictures to brag about it. I would say it has you in it's cross hairs.

In all seriousness. Lets hope not. But as you said little early in the ballngame right now.

Today's track is "Fuck Everybody"

AL11_2017090406_GEFS.png

These are God's punishment to the south for the confederate monuments. Joel Ostink told me so it must be true.

One track brings the bitch right over top of me, but even at that she will not be that tough by then. If she heads this way I'll have a bunch of new friends like back in 2011 I guess. Never ceases to amaze me how people only prepare for normal, They will get extra dogs an beer for football, Nascar an such, but never anything to ride threw, long term power outages, fuel/food/water shortages. Yet they wonder why I keep slab cracking amounts of tools, spare parts, ammo, a backhoe an lime on hand?

I have experienced several but that one looks like the nastiest. Please let it go harmlessly into the N Atlantic. I am prepared but I won't mind at all if that prep goes to waste.

with Texas happening Gov help will be slow and under applied.

Those track projections are shifting more to the West with each passing day. The early ones had it just grazing the coast and heading out to sea, now most of them are showing it coming ashore. Worrisome for sure.

Thanks for the reminder Tucker . Going out and thin the canopy on a tree today just in case and goin over the generator .

Still trending more west on the latest update. A curve to miss the US is looking less likely all the time.

storm_11

That SW track continuing beyond when previously predicted is looking to give the SE US a shitstorm on this one. Maybe it will rake more over Cuba, give Castro and the commies some hate while tearing off strength in the mountains there. Hispaniola's and Cuba's mountain regions has saved the Keys and S. FL more than once...

Osteentatious, man, osteentatious ...

As if I don't have enough to worry about. Please, please turn into the north Atlantic. A Cat 2 left me 10 days no power. I have a back-up power genset now if I am still alive to use it. I have a 30 day emergency food supply plus normal back-up supplies but I am seriously worried with this Bitch. FEMA is a bit busy in Texas right now.

Talk to my Dad in SoFL last night. He was starting to put up the shutters. We've grown up with hurricanes and he knows what's up. Him and mom will be bugging out at the first chance if this continues as it is.

PR, BVI, and USVI are in for a walloping

Fresh off the grill...

8:00 AM AST Tue Sep 5
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 929 mb
Max sustained: 175 mph

Talk to my Dad in SoFL last night. He was starting to put up the shutters. We've grown up with hurricanes and he knows what's up. Him and mom will be bugging out at the first chance if this continues as it is.

PR, BVI, and USVI are in for a walloping

That's a good Idea we in south fl are ground zero right now. Unfortunately bugging out is not an option for me. I have many people who depend on me for their lively hood.

That is one well defined Bitch.
If she is anywhere close to the Irma that was the town whore long ago, there are many fixing to get a free one.

Looks like a skill saw blade ready to cut up anything in her path. Turn north, bitch, turn north.

Unfortunately bugging out is not an option for me. I have many people who depend on me for their lively hood.
You won't be able to provide for them if you're dead, brother.

Consider GTFO if it becomes necessary

Prayers sent for all of you in harm's way.

Id be headed NW ....NOW!

Crud, still haven't got this upload down, wind of 178 pressure 931, 14 mph movement puts it around Florida on the 10th

The newest information as of this writing has the Florida Keys being hammered for 24 hours by a category 4 hurricane, on the bullseye.
Miami and the rest of south Florida will be ravaged with wind and waves for over a day as well. The on shore flow will be devastating.
Let's hope something changes and soon.

I wonder how much firewood ol' Oneshot86 Mike is selling this week. Easy way to cook if power and gas are both out.

I went to Publix about an hour ago to get a couple of bottles of wine and some bread.
The panic buying was in full force.
If it turns towards Tampa bay, I guess I'll fill all of my coolers with water instead of buying the bottled shit.
Might have to get a couple of big bottles of saki to pass the time

I wonder how much firewood ol' Oneshot86 Mike is selling this week. Easy way to cook if power and gas are both out.

I went to Publix about an hour ago to get a couple of bottles of wine and some bread.
The panic buying was in full force.
If it turns towards Tampa bay, I guess I'll fill all of my coolers with water instead of buying the bottled shit.
Might have to get a couple of big bottles of saki to pass the time

about $400 so far

To you that have been thru cains before. If you have never been thru or worked ground that a cat 5 has passed over, you will be shocked at what a 5 is capable of over a 4. I had to work Hugo and thought that was bad until I had to work Andrew. The smart move is to not be there when the slut comes threw. My counter parts in Miami tried to explain to me over the phone how bad it was, and I thought I understood, until I was standing there after it was all over.

this is definately something to be very mindful of, if you are down on normal supplys, at least the things you would normally have, get to the store now
if it is looking like we super really are fucked, get a hardy supply of shit.
me? i have a heard of cattle, flock of sheep, turkeys and 60 laying chickens and, a deep well, i am not going to worry about big amounts of food supplys to buy, maybe protect,we'll see...
but i will hord the fuel, i have a couple of big gen sets that i will want to feed
if this hits us we will have no help from the south, people will be evacuating from there, i will have to get supplys from almost georgia.
this wont be for the meek

To you that have been thru cains before. If you have never been thru or worked ground that a cat 5 has passed over, you will be shocked at what a 5 is capable of over a 4. I had to work Hugo and thought that was bad until I had to work Andrew. The smart move is to not be there when the slut comes threw. My counter parts in Miami tried to explain to me over the phone how bad it was, and I thought I understood, until I was standing there after it was all over.

I traveled to SC after Hugo. It's weird to see trees with no leaves in Summer.

I traveled to SC after Hugo. It's weird to see trees with no leaves in Summer.
Or some of the shit people cobble together to get power back, that kills them. Found a family of 5 dead do to someone thinking they knew what they were doing, their gen-set killed them all plus one lineman who was lax for just a split second. The stupid shit people do to save a dime, later found out they had a open invite far from there but declined the offer.

Yeah, well you never hear about some hot female bus driver having sex with a student.

That is because "HOT female" and "Bus Driver" have never in all of history been used in the same sentence until today, mark it. 9/5/2017

everyone read the above again

Andrew was sick damage and I couldn't agree with you more. I was in boot camp when it hit, but went over to Homestead about two months after to take my step-dad back who was activated (FL NG) for about six months as a result, he at least got the weekend off to see me graduate since he was prior Marine as well as his whole command. Entire subdivisions leveled, lines of debris 15'-20' tall for miles along the roadway. Miami-Dade building code did a lot to prevent that afterwards, but still goes only so far if the winds reach >130mph.

I was really close to Charley too, about 30mi from eye wall, and took about $20k damage to my home and was ill prepared for it as I didn't have shutters or anything then, couldn't afford them as I unexpectedly had another mouth to feed leading up to it hitting. It took a hard right about three hours before landfall and went from CAT 2 to a 4, I was absolutely caught off guard. I was bracing my picture window with a 2x4 in the middle of the storm with my one month old daughter in the closet with her mother, really stupid there. Up in Punta Gorda at I-75 the trees didn't even have bark for about 10mi stretch, and that was a CAT 4 about 20mi inland. Those thinking of riding it out, let that one simmer for a minute and tell me if you think it's wise to do so...

Best bet is board up, pack up the real important shit and burn vacation days, visit friends or family up north/out west for a few days, let insurance handle the rest.

That is because "HOT female" and "Bus Driver" have never in all of history been used in the same sentence until today, mark it. 9/5/2017

Not true my friend. And I'm not talking about what I think is Hot. We had one locally that was "Everyone's Hot", and liked to party. She's divorced and remarried now. Still damn good looking. Just say'n. 9/5/2017 1314

Not true my friend. And I'm not talking about what I think is Hot. We had one locally that was "Everyone's Hot", and liked to party. She's divorced and remarried now. Still damn good looking. Just say'n. 9/5/2017 1314

Pictures or your full of shit.

this is definately something to be very mindful of, if you are down on normal supplys, at least the things you would normally have, get to the store now
if it is looking like we super really are fucked, get a hardy supply of shit.
me? i have a heard of cattle, flock of sheep, turkeys and 60 laying chickens and, a deep well, i am not going to worry about big amounts of food supplys to buy, maybe protect,we'll see...
but i will hord the fuel, i have a couple of big gen sets that i will want to feed
if this hits us we will have no help from the south, people will be evacuating from there, i will have to get supplys from almost georgia.
this wont be for the meek

It'll be like a toilet backing up if you get hit with refugees. Notions of humanity may become quite strained.

Maybe they'll come with their own seating.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/20yxB13.jpg"}[/IMG2]