• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Husqvarna Model 9000

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Someone has got to have a definitive answer on this, cuz I sure as hell can't find one.

I'm trying to find a Picatinny Rail for a buddies Husqvarna Model 9000 in 7MM RemMag. I've got a loopy base for it, but he's hell bent on a Picatinny Rail.

Google Fu has come up with 'nothing'.

20210801_182352.jpg

I thought they were based on a Mauser action? Maybe try one of those

Reactions: jcmullis2
    That rear hole spacing looks like Rem model 7 or possibly 788.

Tell him to get weaver bases and widen the slots for Picatinny rings.
    Use Burris if he needs/wants some cant.

Reactions: 1J04
    This commercial mauser base from EGW should work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-161130_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210802-161130_Chrome.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 90
    I really appreciate the input! I'm gonna measure the spacing tonight, but I think you guys are definitely on to something. Again, thank you. 💪

LOL I thought someone bought a new Chainsaw or Trimmer forgot they made firearms.
    Looks weird that the factory would drill through the "SWEDEN" on the receiver.

LOL I thought someone bought a new Chainsaw or Trimmer forgot they made firearms.
    Looks weird that the factory would drill through the "SWEDEN" on the receiver.

Right?!

I'm being told they didn't tap these at the Factory. But that this is after market work.

If this was done aftermarket you may need to get the base with no holes and have it drilled to line up. I would bed the base because some old receivers were not consistent. They were not intended to have a base originally and many were hand polished thoroughly.

@FisherT&C - do you feel hand polishing removes a lot of material??

@1J04 has a barrel that has been commented on about how diminutive it is.
    Perhaps the hand polishing routine decreased its size? Or was it most likely that way from the start?

Mr Uncle Schartz - please to let us know what the base holes seem to be and what base it is drilled for. Besides being a turd, Im interested in guns too! 😁

I tried to load it into a program I have on my work computer to measure hole spacing. Apparently only measures stuff on pictures of bodies. 🤷🏿🤷🏿

Perhaps the hand polishing routine decreased its size? Or was it most likely that way from the start?

Mr Uncle Schartz - please to let us know what the base holes seem to be and what base it is drilled for. Besides being a turd, Im interested in guns too! 😁

I tried to load it into a program I have on my work computer to measure hole spacing. Apparently only measures stuff on pictures of bodies. 🤷🏿🤷🏿

You need Meds, and Treatment.

You need Meds, and Treatment.
    wanna check in together????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I say we pile guns, ammo, camping stuff, and whisky into a truck. go camp, shoot, fish, and have fun. Couple weeks away from all the world and we will be right as rain. Or as close as we gonna get!!!

• Haha
    I have never heard of a "Model 9000". Possibly the importer has come up with this designation?

The 1600/1640 series, produced in large numbers in the 50's and 60's, are based on the M96 design with some elements of the small ring M98 but it is a unique design, with side safety (and no flag safety) as per your image. I believe the main difference between the two is barrel length, so no major (if any changes) to the action between the two.

The 1651 series are the Magnum versions of the 1640 so I suggest you look into bases for those models and see if they may fit your rifle.

Edit: Contessa appears to make a rail for the 1600 and 1900 series, Warne also has scope bases, possibly the M898/828M combo fits?

Last edited:

Some commercial mausers had the rear receiver ring ground down and polished when they were converted to sporters. There was no standard for the rear ring geometry from factory to factory. So some bases do not sit with full contact, particularly on the rear ring.
    Depending on the grinding and the type of polishing technique used, yes hand polishing can remove alot of material.
    Often hand polishing metal starts with a file, then maybe stones, or emery cloth, then maybe to a cloth wheel with polishing compound.
    So it depends on who, when and how, the material was polished.

Last edited:
    Curious thread.

I've got a pair of Husqvuarna's here that one of my Grandfather's purchased upon returning from the war. One's an '06 for himself, and the other is a .270 for my Grandmother.

Nice jewelled actions, walnut stocks.... shoot great.

So many things I'd like to do to them/with them,,,, but at the same time, I'm just leaving them as they are.

Reactions: powdahound76
    interesting. i have a model 9000 "crown grade" my dad bought for me when I was 12. 7mm mag, with a redfield "widefield" 3-9 scope. took a few deer, then moved on to work life. i have it now again. shoots really well. mauser action. i did some reasearchon it a few years a go. its a mode 1900 husqvarna. they seem to be well made and highly regarded.

from some research:
    Model 9000 Crown Grade

Bolt-action sporting rifle. Manufactured in a variety of calibers, with 23.5" barrel, open sights, adjustable trigger and walnut stock. Manufactured in 1971 and 1972.

If you go to: https://forums.gunboards.com
    and "search" for Husqvarna 9000 you'll find a fair amount of discussion on these rifles. Apparently they also went by the Model #1900, so if you see reference to those rifles, essentially the same?

could be a B kitty finding a rail for it. might be best to go with the ring mounts.

Reactions: blisters