• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Husqvarna Rifle Questions

QuigleyUpAbove

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2024
San Diego
Hello all,

I purchased a Husky Model B in 243 win for a great price. I have never owned a Husqvarna rifle nor a 243 but this rifle was really clean and I thought it would be a good rifle for white tail hunting. I've read up on it browsing other forums and whatnot but I wanted to know if anyone on here has any experience or knowledge about these rifles. It is a Model B Smith & Wesson import, and from what I can decipher this is a Model 1900 as it is push feed, no mauser style claw extractor. From what I have read this should have a 10 twist barrel, which is one of the questions I have, if anyone knows for sure. I would also like to know what loads if any would be good for it. It has a 20" barrel and I plan to hand load for it. I can also ask about that in the reloading forum since I know this section is about rifles. Either way, if anyone can tell me more about what I got, I would greatly appreciate it. Am I on the right track as far as this being a 1900?
husky.jpg
husky2.jpg
huskyaction.jpg
huskysn.jpg

Yes, this is a Husqvarna 1900.
Antonio Zoli of Italy makes a carbon copy today and most parts are interchangeable.

In 243 the bolt throw is reduced to fit the short 243 so now you have one of the slickest actions ever made. It can be polished and tuned to make a Krag seem rough. The small screw behind the sear in the bolt raceway in the action adjusts trigger weight. Remove the bolt to see it.

1706610062574.png