• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HUXWRX (OSS) Flow 556

Ape_Factory

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Looks like HUXWRX (formerly OSS) is moving on to 3D printed cans. FBI just awarded them a contract for their new "Flow" 5.56 suppressor which is 3D printed. A little pissed it's not offered to the general public as I don't consider a suppressor an offensive weapon as much as a health-related protection device, flash mitigator not withstanding.

Maybe it's just the need to fulfill the government contract first and there simply isn't manufacturing capacity for the public just yet. None the less, it looks very interesting despite the lack of technical info other than the criteria which separated it from the rest of the field. Wonder if all of their suppressors will move in this direction. If so, sort of a bad marketing move as I'd be hesitant to purchase any of the current generation if something "better" is just around the corner.

There seems to be a lot of new entries into the flow through arena.

Reactions: 338dude
SCREW THESE GUYS. As if being proud of a contract with FBI/HRT isn't enough . . . they go and make it available ONLY TO THE KING'S MEN. I have two OSS cans (a 556K and a 556 TI). The 556K is nearly worthless for suppression and even worse (in terms of flashing/wash) under NODS. I now regret giving a penny to this sycophantic scum of a company, and I assure you it won't happen again.

It’s not like they can’t print more after they hit the “FBI Clone” threads
Right, but if they're specifically advertising this as GOV/FBI only . . . My unsolicited advice to any silencer mfg - heck, any firearms company at all . . . is that if you're going to make products for a agency that is known to kill dogs, innocent women and children and then pose for photographs next to their charred, burned corpses, then keep it on the DL. And if you don't or can't, then make the products available to we lowly civilians contemporaneously with the products made available to the King's Men.

I can't believe I even have to say this after the last 6 years, but here we are.

Attachments

• 0AF6939D-54AB-4B04-9812-5015DD307322_1_201_a.jpeg
    0AF6939D-54AB-4B04-9812-5015DD307322_1_201_a.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
The last sentence in bold says "currently", unless I am reading it wrong
and on IG they say "Only available to military and law enforcement at this time". What's your point, exactly? That the mere possibility that they may someday put second-class civilians on the same level of citizenship as the first-class FBI citizens that it is ok to arm the FBI HRT with better gear than the people they are sworn to protect and serve? Where have you been that you think this is anywhere near the realm of being o.k.? Never heard of Jody Weis at Troy Industries? Or Lon Horiuchi? Or maybe you missed this little tidbit: mcconnell-garland-memo-could-stifle-parents-free-speech-rights

I have more TBAC cans than OSS - and we can discuss your recalls, too, if you'd like. Please let us know which government contracts you have.

Attachments

220.6 KB · Views: 74
I'm tracking what you're saying. The reality of a contract is that if they made a can to meet a spec for a contract, it makes sense that all available production would be put towards fulfilling that contract first especially if the volume required strains production capacity. I just bet they'll sell them to everyone once there is surplus capacity. But who knows. I just posted because I didn't see it posted in as strong of terms as it sounded like.

For our part we've had a "Goverment sales policy" stated for nearly a decade. I also think that if gun companies as a group would stop selling to states that were anti gun, a lot of the nonsense could be stopped in its tracks.

As far as our contracts go, the ones that we have that are worth bragging about; they generally do not want us to go blabbing about them. They only comprise an extremely small fraction of our sales because we are very happy just selling to USA citizen shooters and honestly we don't even go after contracts unless a third party wants to submit a package with our stuff on it.

So get a CGS Group Helios QD and put the flow through end cap on it. 3D printed, modular, can upgrade later, HUB compatible, etc.

Reactions: RedBreast21
I'm tracking what you're saying. The reality of a contract is that if they made a can to meet a spec for a contract, it makes sense that all available production would be put towards fulfilling that contract first especially if the volume required strains production capacity. I just bet they'll sell them to everyone once there is surplus capacity. But who knows. I just posted because I didn't see it posted in as strong of terms as it sounded like.

For our part we've had a "Goverment sales policy" stated for nearly a decade. I also think that if gun companies as a group would stop selling to states that were anti gun, a lot of the nonsense could be stopped in its tracks.

As far as our contracts go, the ones that we have that are worth bragging about; they generally do not want us to go blabbing about them. They only comprise an extremely small fraction of our sales because we are very happy just selling to USA citizen shooters and honestly we don't even go after contracts unless a third party wants to submit a package with our stuff on it.
Give me all of the TBACs

Announcement dated 04/2020, why the fuss now?
It's not, though. As stated in the other thread where you misstated this, the announcement is dated as of TODAY, April 1, 2022. 2022 is the year that occurred 2 years after 2020. Here, I'll break it down nice and slow for you (see the attached):

Attachments

• 813E3938-201E-436F-B3C5-0FAA39822D1E.jpeg
    813E3938-201E-436F-B3C5-0FAA39822D1E.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 288
Is this.....an April fools joke?
One would think, but it's the clown world we live in at the moment. If HK's unofficial motto is "We hate you and you suck", the OSS' unofficial motto is "We will make the boots with which to (not so quietly) stomp your face."

Lest anyone think I'm some crazy anti-gov nut job - I've worked on both sides of the Hill including for the Senate Judiciary Committee (during the renewal of the USA PATRIOT Act, of all times). I'm not a wing nut.

So get a CGS Group Helios QD and put the flow through end cap on it. 3D printed, modular, can upgrade later, HUB compatible, etc.
I have one in Jail, presently. I opted for NOT the direct thread mount for the reasons you highlighted, so the reduced weight might have been nice. I really wish we could test these things out before buying - but as long as the OSSes of the world keep bending the knee, we'll never see a moderation of the infringement of the 2A.

Attachments

220.6 KB · Views: 64
Zak made a good point that the can is squarely aimed at what the FBI was looking for and they're fulfilling a contract. We as consumers in the public arena, may not want a suppressor with the same performance parameters. I just hope the switch to 3D printing leads to more effective designs in the flow-through arena.

I'd like to see more info on the technical side of things having delved into 3D printing and have studied the EOS systems here recently. I'm pretty happy with my OSS but I also don't have a short K can. I know the flash hider seems to be quite effective on the normal 5.56 version as well as on the new 7.62.

Reactions: ohiofarmer
I have one in jail...too bad the oss kicks the crap out of it on the pew science mk18
The OSS obviously won't last as long, if that's something you're concerned about - it's not taken into consideration by Pewscience. If you have - for instance - a FA, or a FRull semi-automatic Tr15ger, it maybe of concern to you. Otherwise, probably not. Also the CGS is 20% lighter, even with the DT mounts than the OSS 5.56 TITANIUM model, and 35% lighter than the stainless steel/titanium model.

Oh, and the CGS will handle .308, so really I should be comparing the OSS 7.62: The CGS is 43% lighter (we're getting really, really close to 1/2 the weight at this point) than the OSS.

Here I am sounding like a shill for CGS, and while I have a couple of his/their 9mm cans, I've never even fired my Helios (it being in jail, shooting inside would be my only option, and I quit shooting at indoor ranges a long time ago).

Apples to apples from a price standpoint, the OSS 7.62Ti is 15oz vs. 11.5oz. (so 3.5oz. heavier) and has a stainless core with no barrel restrictions. It also passes the SOCOM firing schedule or whatever they call it and is full auto rated. I'm not sure the Helios is going to be more durable being full Ti construction. I really wish CGS's web page were a bit better and they had more tech info available.

The OSS obviously won't last as long, if that's something you're concerned about - it's not taken into consideration by Pewscience. If you have - for instance - a FA, or a FRull semi-automatic Tr15ger, it maybe of concern to you. Otherwise, probably not. Also the CGS is 20% lighter, even with the DT mounts than the OSS 5.56 TITANIUM model, and 35% lighter than the stainless steel/titanium model.

Oh, and the CGS will handle .308, so really I should be comparing the OSS 7.62: The CGS is 43% lighter (we're getting really, really close to 1/2 the weight at this point) than the OSS.

Here I am sounding like a shill for CGS, and while I have a couple of his/their 9mm cans, I've never even fired my Helios (it being in jail, shooting inside would be my only option, and I quit shooting at indoor ranges a long time ago).
Yeah I mean, I think it will be a great suppressor, I was just a little shocked by the pew science findings, and how the designer was talking it up, saying it was a 5.56 can that just happens to have a .338 bore, and just absolutely blows the oss out of the water in every metric blah blah blah...which hopefully it does on longer barrels
Jay said the Helios dt is quieter on the mk18 because of the shorter distance to first orifice, but not substantially quieter, which means the oss is still quieter than both, no matter what muzzle device you run on the helios qd.

Apples to apples from a price standpoint, the OSS 7.62Ti is 15oz vs. 11.5oz. (so 3.5oz. heavier) and has a stainless core with no barrel restrictions. It also passes the SOCOM firing schedule or whatever they call it and is full auto rated. I'm not sure the Helios is going to be more durable being full Ti construction. I really wish CGS's web page were a bit better and they had more tech info available.
My CGS Helios is inconel :). It's going to last longer.

I have an OSS 762 Ti and a Helios QD in jail, They will both be vastly superior to shooting unsuppressed. I need to protect what hearing I have left. Beyond that, I am not too picky.

...lol. And I almost forgot I am waiting on a Nomad 30 too. Hopefully the 90 day wait is not a myth.

Last edited:
I have one in jail...too bad the oss kicks the crap out of it on the pew science mk18
Me too, although it's been a year. Not concerned about Pew science testing I've shot one and it sounded pretty good on 11.5, 12 & 16 inch barrels. Jay's testing is a nice reference but it's far from being the be all and end all of suppressor testing.

My CGS Helios is inconel :). It's going to last longer.
Then why would you be sprouting off about the CGS being almost 50% lighter when that particular model is 19oz? And unless you have an advanced degree in materials and technical information the general public is not privy to, there's no way to tell whether the design used by CGS, regardless of its use of inconnel, will be more durable than the stainless "core" of the OSS. You can't simply look at the materials listed online and determine which is going to last longer. It's a lot more complex than that. Construction comes into play as well as the property/dimensions of the materials being used. OSS has published data on longevity where CGS, as far as I can tell, has none. I'll take data over marketing hyperbole.

Me too, although it's been a year. Not concerned about Pew science testing I've shot one and it sounded pretty good on 11.5, 12 & 16 inch barrels. Jay's testing is a nice reference but it's far from being the be all and end all of suppressor testing.
Nice, same mount for all 3? Which one??

Then why would you be sprouting off about the CGS being almost 50% lighter when that particular model is 19oz? And unless you have an advanced degree in materials and technical information the general public is not privy to, there's no way to tell whether the design used by CGS, regardless of its use of inconnel, will be more durable than the stainless "core" of the OSS. You can't simply look at the materials listed online and determine which is going to last longer. It's a lot more complex than that. Construction comes into play as well as the property/dimensions of the materials being used. OSS has published data on longevity where CGS, as far as I can tell, has none. I'll take data over marketing hyperbole.
"Spouting off"? Lol. I love the internet, where people project their own personalities, shortcomings and attitudes onto other people.

I've outlined my technical expertise earlier in the thread (or elsewhere, I can't remember). While I have no "advanced degree in materials . . . " I can recognize the logical fallacy you engaged in known as the "appeal to authority." Hey guess what . . . I don't have a biology degree and yet I know what a woman is. I don't have a degree in criminology or sociology, but I can tell you that federal and state incentivizing out-of-wedlock childbirth will get you more single parent households. FFS.

FWIW, I've had lengthy discussions WITH OSS about the construction of their cans. If I didn't think they were good cans, I wouldn't have subsequently purchased two. While the 556K really shouldn't be classified as anything more than a sound "redirector" and is MISERABLE on flash under NODS, I'm confident that both will outlast me. You (not surprisingly, given your other thoughtless comments and flawed logic) seem to think I'm crapping on the quality of (that) can. I'm not (again, the K was a huge, huge disappointment, however). What I'm saying is that I'm done buying cans from that bootlicking, treacherous, sad excuse for an "American" firearms-related company, and that even OSS (I refuse to call them by their other name except in ridicule) seems to be aware that 3D printed construction has merits (Otherwise . . . one might assume that they would be offering their standard cans to the FBI. I'm not saying that in itself is determinative, but taking all things together . . . . ).

I will enjoy their slide into becoming the lifestyle brand they want to become. I bet they have pictures of the Noveske boys in their skinny jeans up in their HQ. "We are HUXWRX. You know we're hip, because we chose to spell the name of our company with "X's" and by omitting vowels. We're not only anti-American, we're also pro-ebonics."

"Spouting off"? Lol. I love the internet, where people project their own personalities, shortcomings and attitudes onto other people.
Hahahahahahahahahah. That's a good one.

My favorite part is where you say a ton of crap about other people, to include the FBI and OSS but then admit it's actually just your short comings.

Reactions: Sierra770
Hahahahahahahahahah. That's a good one.

My favorite part is where you say a ton of crap about other people, to include the FBI and OSS but then admit it's actually just your short comings.
"admit it's just your short comings (sic)". Point out specifically where that occurred. I'll wait.

Also "Say a ton of crap about . . . the FBI . . ." I'm sorry. . . . where have you been for the last thirty years? Have you never read anything about Ruby Ridge? Waco? I mean, it's completely and totally normal for multiple HRT members to pose in front of charred corpses. TOTALLY normal. Are you a big fan of David Chipman, are ya? Oh, and perhaps you've not heard of the whole Russia collusion farce that was perpetuated by . . . . wait for it . . . . the FBI.

And yes, OSS is absolute garbage not for making something for the FBI, but for making something for FBI HRT that they simultaneously advertise will NOT be for we lowly second-class citizens. You must have missed the part of American history where the government is supposed to be afraid of the people, not the other way around. It's pretty hard to do that when companies are making stuff for the government and specifically prohibiting citizens from acquiring the same.

Again, I'll wait for where you point out that I "admit[ted] it's just [my] short comings(sic)". (While you're refreshing yourself on American history, you should look into basic word usage, too. While phonetically, "short comings" is something you're well familiar with, it's not what you meant to say as "shortcomings" is one word, genius.)

Attachments

220.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 71AB8CC1-C759-42D7-8755-1CB8AE49608F.png
    71AB8CC1-C759-42D7-8755-1CB8AE49608F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
Reactions: Jdfd556
Who says I'm defending the FBI? You clearly missed the point and added to mine. Thanks man.
We'll note that you did not point out where I "admitted" anything, thus proving that your statement was baseless, empty and false. Tell us . . . how does the taste of boot leather actually taste? Do you prefer it polished or natural?

I'm not sure that I'm really on board with the whole flow through idea. Maybe I just don't understand the intentions, obviously the FBI is seeing something they want but that could also come down to one guys take on a fad that happens to hold a position that allows him to make these kinda calls.

Maybe I'm not cool enough to get it. It seems to be gaining steam though.

Ever shoot an AR suppressed? It gets dirty really quick, you get more gas in your face, and often, you need an adjustable gas block to get them to function correctly. That's where these "flow-through" aka: "low back-pressure" cans shine.

Yeah, I have and it's generally not great even if the gun is tuned. But from watching 1911 syndicate shoot one of these, it seems kinda niche and doesn't seem to do much for suppression down range. I could be completely wrong about this but it seems to have the same vibe as the A419 mavric. In this case your trading off Db reduction for less gas in the face etc. While dropping $1k+ on a can that essentially does what an A2 flash hider can for $7. I may be looking at this all wrong but that being said I've never shot one or heard on in person.

I belive he starts a pros/cons discussion around 14 minutes in.

I'll probably eat my words in 3 years, think they are the bees knees and recommend them to everyone I meet.

If these were picked up for training/shoot house drills then yeah I could maybe see that. Rifles do suck indoors and under covered shooting ranges. I don't think that would be factored into the typical FBI dog shooting raid.

• Haha
Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Man, what a dumb thread.

Who gives a fuck if "Huxwrx" is making a suppressor for only the FBI - there's probably some logistical reasons for that.

Buy a different can. Many great suppressors on the market now, no need to be married to one brand.
Bootlickers are going to lick boots. One of the most important things I've learned since I graduated from law school is that freedom is not an instinct . . . it has to be taught and learned. Someone failed you on the former, and thus you have failed in the latter.

You'd think after: Project MK-Ultra, Ruby Ridge, Waco, Russia Collusion, Gretchen Whitmer, "School-parents-who-object-to-CRT-are-domestic-terrorists, and domestic terrorists are the greatest threat to national security" (said AGAIN, by a Cabinet Secretary JUST TODAY), you'd figure it out, but some people will never learn. You may be in that group.

Meanwhile, read DC vs Heller (2008) for a good exposition of the history and purpose of the 2nd Amendment. Read and learn.

"Spouting off"? Lol. I love the internet, where people project their own personalities, shortcomings and attitudes onto other people."

Please. You basically used the specifications of several different CGS cans rolled into one to validate your point of view. Look at your posts. You are the epitome of your own words. No one buys a K can for serious suppression and just because you can speak doesn't mean you should. Now where's that ignore button?

Please. You basically used the specifications of several different CGS cans rolled into one to validate your point of view. Look at your posts. You are the epitome of your own words. No one buys a K can for serious suppression and just because you can speak doesn't mean you should. Now where's that ignore button?
In this thread, we see who lacks reading comprehension and logical reasoning capabilities.

• Love
Reactions: Jackomason
After talking with OSS(HUXWRX)[whatever] these should be available for everyone eventually. Keep in mind that it might be a slow transition as this isnt just a new product but an entirely new manufacturing process for HUXWRX.

Gun owners are some serious snow flakes. Are people as worked up with KAC because they can’t buy an M110 at the moment or the new MOD 2.1 they are selling the feds? What about an actual spec LVAW from Sig? Will Vortec take an order for the NGSW optic?

After talking with OSS(HUXWRX)[whatever] these should be available for everyone eventually. Keep in mind that it might be a slow transition as this isnt just a new product but an entirely new manufacturing process for HUXWRX.

Gun owners are some serious snow flakes. Are people as worked up with KAC because they can’t buy an M110 at the moment or the new MOD 2.1 they are selling the feds? What about an actual spec LVAW from Sig? Will Vortec take an order for the NGSW optic?

Agreed.

This moral outrage over huxwrx is beyond stupid.

question is, will the 3D printed ones be quieter or are they just doing it because they are cheaper to manufacture/lighter? Hopefully they won’t get more expensive

question is, will the 3D printed ones be quieter or are they just doing it because they are cheaper to manufacture/lighter? Hopefully they won’t get more expensive

Welding cans is pretty cheap, and all the printed ones I am familiar with print (X) number per table concurrently but it takes a long time. I know one early printed can took 30 hours per table with a 20-ish percent fallout on a 20 can table. Those machines get better all the time but they’re not free and you can’t exactly get them at Home Depot.

The plus is you can print baffle designs that aren’t machinable due to cutter paths, you’re unencumbered by the machine itself and tools being in the way of a design.

Last edited:
The plus is you can print baffle designs that aren’t machinable due to cutter paths, you’re unencumbered by the machine itself and tools being in the way of a design.
This. I've delved in and looked at 3D printing (additive manufacturing) with EOS (3D printing machine manufacturer) and the geometries you can accomplish simply can't be done with a traditional subtractive methods. So if you have the engineers and time to test, likely, the 3D printed stuff is going to be superior from a pure performance standpoint.

So, you didn’t see the ‘what’s up with Kac?’ thread? Or the myriad ‘will lmt ever be available again?’ threads? In short, yes, yes they are. Just ask Marty Daniel, S&W, Bill Ruger Sr, and others...

Looks like the new 3D printed OSS is part of the FN MRGG submission. FN also added a forward assist to the SCAR for it. Ian from forgotten weapons is on suicide watch.