• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HUXWRX Ventum 762

ram2940

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2022
Va
This will be my first suppressor purchase. Looking for a suppressor that i can swap from bolt action 223 and 6.5 creedmoor and also AR 223 and 6.5 creed. The HUXWRX cans have peaked my interest and would like to hear from anyone who has used this can or knowledgeable about it. I did do a search but have not come up with much info.

These are pretty new, so there won’t be too many people with hands-on experience with them. For what it’s worth, a flow thru can is not going to be as effective on a bolt gun. For semis, they’re great. Just be advised that if you’re looking for something super quiet on your bolt guns, they’re not for you.

I have the previous gen OSS 7.62 ti can that I use on 223/65cm/308 gassers that dont have adjustable gass blocks and it is great. Comparing to the SiCo Omega 300 on my bolt gun ~ similar sound reduction... I wouldn't shoot either all day without some level of ear pro...

Reactions: Bluedog82
Here’s a video where a guy shoots a couple gas guns followed by a 300WM bolt gun with the Ventum 762. Not a great vid but you can still compare the two platforms.

The Omega 300 was my other choice at this time. I know they are different types of suppressors. If you had to pick one, is the omega 300 better with a gas gun than the HUXWRX Ventum is with a bolt gun. Hope you know where im going.

For what my opinion is worth, after watching the limited reviews of the Ventum 762 and having personal experience with other Hux cans, if you want a do it all can that will do great on gas guns and decent on bolt guns, you won’t be disappointed with the Hux. Holy shit that was quite a run-on sentence. With that said, I don’t have any experience with the Omega 300.

Reactions: JoeZ and Kamerad
I have the older Huxwurx (so OSS) can and some regular old school baffle cans (Griffin 9 and Griffin Bushwacker)

On a semi auto, definitely go with the Huxwurx flow, there is no perceptible bolt velocity change. On a bolt gun it's real hard to hear any difference, on pistols and rimfire I use baffles so I can clean them easier.

I mostly run 20" and longer barrels so that may change things.

The Omega 300 was my other choice at this time. I know they are different types of suppressors. If you had to pick one, is the omega 300 better with a gas gun than the HUXWRX Ventum is with a bolt gun. Hope you know where im going.
I run the Omega on gassers with an adjustable gas block - typically Noveski switchblocks - as long as the flow is reduced for suppressed it is fine but if I leave it on regular I get malfunctions from the over gassing

If you don't need the HUB mount, consider the Huxwrx Flow 762. It's quieter than the Ventum. It does exceptionally well on 308, 300 blackout subs and supers and 223/5.56. It's really impressive on my 12.5" 5.56 gas gun, more so than my caliber-specific Sierra 5. Yes, it's a bit more expensive but it's shorter and lighter too. I have it as well as the previous gen 762 Ti can and it's an improvement in sound reduction by a good bit. Works just as well on bolt guns.

If you don't need the HUB mount, consider the Huxwrx Flow 762. It's quieter than the Ventum. It does exceptionally well on 308, 300 blackout subs and supers and 223/5.56. It's really impressive on my 12.5" 5.56 gas gun, more so than my caliber-specific Sierra 5. Yes, it's a bit more expensive but it's shorter and lighter too. I have it as well as the previous gen 762 Ti can and it's an improvement in sound reduction by a good bit. Works just as well on bolt guns.
Just saw today that pew released data on the polonium .30…the hux flow 762 was quiter at the ear and muzzle on a .308 bolt gun…which is crazy!

I saw the data over on pew for the flow can, seems like it did very well. Most of the info states that the ventum has alittle more back pressure which i thought might make it a little quieter at the muzzle. I am hoping that pew has test results for the ventum in the near future.

I did try the Flow 762 on my 20" 308 bolt gun and it was indeed quiet. I went back and forth between it and the Diligent Defense Enticer S but it required removal of the muzzle device so I could go direct thread (takes a lot of time) with the DD can. Just got in my Huxwrx HUB mounts and converted the Diligent Defense so now I'll be able to swap them back and forth in seconds to really compare. From what I remember, there was a slight tone difference but it didn't seem any louder to me than the standard baffle Diligent Defense can. But that's with ear pro so big disclaimer.
IMG_5473.jpg

I went to the range today and took 10 rounds of my Sierra 169HPBT hand loads along with my Sig Cross and 20" aftermarket barrel. With the new Huxwrx HUB mount attached to my Diligent Defense Entircer S Ti, I switched between it and the Flow 762, one round each.

Short answer, with ear pro, the DD Enticer S sounds slightly quieter. It's splitting hairs to be sure but the Enticer is quieter without a doubt. I'm not shocked as it's a bit longer and not a low back pressure can with a standard baffle design. It took going back and forth a few times to really perceive the difference.

While my ears aren't calibrated microphones, the difference was perceptible. Being completely honest, this makes me question Pew's data which has the two cans producing almost identical numbers. If I can hear a difference, with ear pro, surely there'd be a larger disparity in data with a precision mic. I have active ear pro but I kept it turned off so I was essentially using foam ear plugs. I was at an indoor range which makes everything louder.

I will say this, the Huxwrx HUB mount is brilliant. It's totally secure while using a minimal amount of torque to attach the suppressor. Super easy to remove even when hot using nothing but hand force. Actually better than their proprietary cans mounted directly to the muzzle device. While I secure those hand tight, I alway use a wrench to remove them. Not necessary with the Hux HUB mount. Unlock it and spin the suppressor off. I can switch between the two suppressors in ten seconds.

If you have a gas gun, there's no question I'd go with the Flow 762. I'll try to do a quick back to back test with 300 blackout subsonic through a gas gun next. The Enticer S was stupid quiet with subs, all I heard was the action cycling. But it was gassy, without a doubt. Intrusively so.

Thanks for taking the time to compare the suppressors. You would think that the flow should do better on a gas gun.

It does. I've tested it on my Sig Spear LT 300 blackout and the Diligent Defense would have me just about ready to pass out from excessive gas after 20 rounds of subsonic ammo. I don't miss a beat with the Flow on it. Night and day difference. I'll have to compare 308 supers with my 16" gas gun as well, haven't tried that yet.

Tested 300 blackout subs and supers today with both suppressors. I still think the Enticer is slightly quieter with subs but the tone is different which may be affecting my perception. The Flow seemed to have a deeper tone that could be heard under the noise of the gun cycling where I didn't hear it as much with the Enticer S. I was wearing ear pro and I couldn't pop one out as I was at a very busy public range.

My Sig LT is definitely over gassed. Locked the bolt back on the minus gas setting, supers, subs, Flow 762 or Enticer S. Didn't matter what combo. Kicks like a mule with supers.