• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hybrid 100v metering

taliv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
TN
i'm looking for a powder that meters well enough that i can just throw and not weigh charges. I did a test with h100v since it is supposed to meter very well.

i used an acculab scale and harrell culver benchrest measure to throw and weigh a bunch of charges and then compared the results.

(yeah, i know, the harrell is an overrated POS)

but the net seems to be changing to hybrid 100v won't give me good enough results to skip the weighing process and just throw.

anybody have different results?

hybrid100v.jpg

Re: hybrid 100v metering

That is a really surprising result. I have been considering the same thing, just haven't gotten around to testing. If I didn't know you, I would say that your technique is flawed, but I bet that is not the case.

Add in temp instability, and 100v isn't really worth messing with.

It would be interesting to shoot the samples over a chrony vs weighed samples to see how it affects sd’s / es. The deviations in charge weight may not result in similar deviations in velocity.

Gonzo, yeah, i was really surprised too, which is why i'm wondering if anyone else has done this with different results. The kernels were really small and looked like they'd meter well. And in fact, I noticed I didn't crunch any of the hybrid. but the consistency in weight wasn't nearly the improvement i was hoping for.

mtn, probably true to an extent

Just to rock the boat a little...

Many people are reporting 1/2MOA groups from factory 6.5CM ammo at 600yd and that stuff varies more than 2 tenths up and down.

I have all but stopped trickling H4350 for my 6.5CM because even at 1000yd the 10 shot groups are <7" tall consistently and generally in the 5"-5.5" range from a field rifle off a bipod and rear bag.

It has made me seriously re-evaluate the practice of trickling every single change once I have a reliable load. I get much more benefit from time behind the rifle than time behind the press handle.