• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Hybrid holsters

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
So I'm looking for a new IWB Hybrid type holster. The two I've been looking at are the Comp-Tac Spartan and the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Between the two I'm thinking Comp-Tac is the better option due the interchangeable kydex bodies and the availability of c-clips. Any other thoughts or good options with this type of holster?

Re: Hybrid holsters

Never used the comp-tac, so i can't comment, but i do use a crossbreeed for my g19 and love it. With a good belt and loose enough pants i forget it's even there! Its extremely comfortable. Personally, i don't think there's any other options other than the crossbreed. If i ever change carry guns that's what I'll be using.

I use a Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my Kahr PM45 and absolutely love it. The horse hide does take a bit of wearing to break it in. Pistol draws and returns great.

I played with a Crossbreed Super tuck before I bought my Comp-tac Mtac. I felt the Crossbreed was just much bigger than it needed to be when comparing it to the Comp-tac.
I personally thought the Comp-tac was a little better in the craftsmanship department. Comfort wise I think they are great as well. I use mine for edc of my G23. You can't go wrong with Comp-Tac.

I have the Comp Tac M-Tac, have used it for 2 1911's and a G19. I doubt I will use any other holster. I am on my second one after I sold the first...never should have sold the first one because I ended up coming back to it.

I carry my CZ-75 in a Galco King Tuc. It looks just like a Cross Breed Super Tuc. It is real comfortable too

Just to give another +1 to the crossbreed. I carry a G36 in it all day everyday and I have never had such a comfortable holster. Really happy with it.

I'd suggest the Velcro clips if you want it invisible. Those will work but make sure your belt is a tight fit through them. As far as the holster I have had 2 Crossbreed Supertuck's one for my old Springfield XD and the one I'm still using for my 1911's. I screwed the one for the 1911 up about 2 years ago when I was trying to tighten it up a little and the Kydex melted faster than I was anticipating. I called them and they said to send it to them and they would take care of it. I got it back that Saturday after mailing it to them on Monday, no charge, it was as good as new. I also have their Velcro backed belt and I have no complaints about any of their products. I use a Tucker Gun Leather double magazine pouch because it uses a similar idea as the Supertuck spreading the weight out and keeping a low profile. If I were going to buy another holster I'd get their Texas Heritage.