• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hydration Bladder Suggestions

Tribe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Wetside, WA
I'm sick of leaks - be it bladder or valve... <span style="text-decoration: underline">Proven</span>, bomb-proof suggestions much appreciated.

Re: Hydration Bladder Suggestions

Camelbak has always worked for me.

As bombproof as a plastic membrane can be. I have used one on almost every continent in some horrid conditions.

That was the original before they came up with military specific versions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sick of leaks - be it bladder or valve... <span style="text-decoration: underline">Proven</span>, bomb-proof suggestions much appreciated. </div></div>

Bactrian_Camel_b_d.jpg

I picked up a nalgene bladder for one of my hunting bags and it works very good. No on off valve however if that is an issue for you. Camelbak military that I have it metal crimped so pretty sure that one won't leak.
Chad

Blackhawk has worked pretty good for me this pad year. O-ring seals on the bite valve and disconnect valve on the bladder

Anybody using "Source"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sick of leaks - be it bladder or valve... <span style="text-decoration: underline">Proven</span>, bomb-proof suggestions much appreciated. </div></div>

Bactrian_Camel_b_d.jpg
</div></div>

.....is this antibacterial?

Source is what Eberlestock uses, and I find the ones I have better than my Camelbaks.

I have a source but have only used it once. I have several camelbaks that I use on a regular basis and have never had a problem with them.

MSR

They are coated canvas. Much stronger and flexible than the plastics. They are also modular,which makes them easier to clean and repair.

Plus, tough as nails. I do a lot of hiking in the mountains, and have fallen full weight on mine on a few occasions and it has never burst- not that I'm clumsy, but shit happens.
I have the black version. The red is thinner, but still very robust.

Went through two Source packs before I decided to stop wasting money and buy the MSR. Much like buying a scope- You save money in the end by not buying cheap in the beginning.

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-...ry-bags/product

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-...te-bags/product

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sick of leaks - be it bladder or valve... <span style="text-decoration: underline">Proven</span>, bomb-proof suggestions much appreciated. </div></div>
what brand and model of bladder have you tried that has not worked? I have both Camelbak and Hydrastorm.

The Source models look to be good, but I've been using a Platypus model lately, with opening top-end and a QD hose connection. The opening top end is considerably easier for cleaning and filling with ice, and the QD hose means I don't have to unthread and rethread the tube through my pack every time I want to fill it up.

I have a Camelback that I got in like 97? that is still holdin up. I've beat the hell out of it shooting, skiing, and riding dirtbikes. I've had more than my share of full weight impacts on it and for some reason this thing still keeps ticking. About the only ??? thing I can say about it is that it does not have a nice top open like my Source.

As far as the Source, Ive used it for about a solid two years shooting matches, and hiking around. So far, so good....

I also have a 6L MSR bladder. Never used it for a hydration bladder, but have used it a lot as large water storage in camp. This bladder IMO is probably the toughest of the three. Still wish it had a top open though.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Source models look to be good, but I've been using a Platypus model lately, with opening top-end and a QD hose connection. The opening top end is considerably easier for cleaning and filling with ice, and the QD hose means I don't have to unthread and rethread the tube through my pack every time I want to fill it up. </div></div>

Get this one, I have the same thing and been using it for 3 years. Its perfect and you can get different sizes to put in your pack of choice

I have a Nalgene CXC Rapid Fill, Get-A-Grip, 3L. No problems here and would recommend to anyone.

havent had a problem with my camelbak ?
if I should please let me know ..

I have two Source hydration bladders, one is the 100oz and the is the other is 70oz model. I started with Camelbak and still have a few, and I have one BlackHawk 100oz bladder. To me they are all good to go, but the Source is so much easier to clean and dry which is a huge advantage over the other two.