• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hydration system

Re: hydration system

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DDS260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do yall recommend for a hot summer's day use during tactical competitions? I dont need a big pack, limited storage is fine...

TIA </div></div>

beerhat.jpg

I tried a camelback system for a couple of months, until the bladder leaked all over my stuff. After that experience, I just use water bottles.

Camelbak.

The newer "hydrolink" systems are the shiznit compared to the old Camelbak. The shutoff valve helps prevent you from dumping your water if you pop off the bite valve. This used to be a problem when we carried the camelbaks in our rucks and loaded them onto any vehicle.

For callouts it's usually easier to just toss some water bottles in my ruck. I usually keep an empty camelbak bladder in there so I can fill it in the Hide if need be.