• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing hydro dipping...

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
Anyone do much of it? I am going to start on a 375h&h for myself and I have a mc millan that I want to dip in something like.... http://www.dipshitzhydrographics.com/WTP-369.jpg and the mrc action will get hosed with graphite black. I am looking to make a fine looking wood rig with the bullet proof features of composites.

I am curious if anyone has used cerakote clear over water transfer film with success.

Re: hydro dipping...

Yup....that's what I am talking about. I want to find some film like my shotgun....to do my rifle with.

IMAG0291.jpg

I'm a dealer for Tarjac which is a local company here that does a LOT of Hydro and they do have several burl wood patterns. They put their own clear over it - not sure what it is but I know it's tough. You can get matte, satin, or gloss. their website is: Tarjac check out their patterns - you can deal directly with them or email me (email on my website).

There are a few sample guns (not the wood pattern) on my show and tell page Darkeagle Custom Inc

Dan

Check out #121 (Turkish Walnut) on the Tarjac website. Something to remember when I get to build my custom hunter (daughter is 2 months old, so in about 22-24 yrs!) HA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdahound76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out #121 (Turkish Walnut) on the Tarjac website. Something to remember when I get to build my custom hunter (daughter is 2 months old, so in about 22-24 yrs!) HA </div></div>

That is real close to my plan....kinda over the top. If I could find something between that and my parkers wood......its going on.

I tried to open the price page, it would not fly on my computer.