• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Hypocrisy At It's Best

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Weird how "The Constitution is clear" and "This is an unacceptable violation of the Constitution" , only when they don't like something. Clearly, "shall not be infringed" is the only part of the Constitution that is unclear and perfectly acceptable to violate.

WASHINGTON, DC: Several Democrats on Capitol Hill voiced their disapproval of President Joe Biden's airstrikes against Houthi targets in Yemen on Thursday, January 11.

The lawmakers argued that the military action was unconstitutional and called for adherence to the War Powers Act.

Non-Penetrating Solutions - Professional Service

Non-Penetrating Solutions - Professional Service

Ad
Safety Rail Source

House Democrats Demand Congressional Authorization​

Rep Ro Khanna from California took to X, stating, "The President needs to come to Congress before launching a strike against the Houthis in Yemen and involving us in another Middle East conflict. That is Article I of the Constitution. I will stand up for that regardless of whether a Democrat or Republican is in the White House."

"Section 2C of the War Powers Act is clear: POTUS may only introduce the US into hostilities after Congressional authorization or in a national emergency when the U.S. is under imminent attack," he added. "Reporting is not a substitute. This is a retaliatory, offensive strike."

Echoing Khanna's sentiments, Rep Val Hoyle of Oregon tweeted, "These airstrikes have NOT been authorized by Congress. The Constitution is clear: Congress has the sole authority to authorize military involvement in overseas conflicts. Every president must first come to Congress and ask for military authorization, regardless of party."

Rep Pramila Jayapal, the head of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, labeled the US- and UK-led bombing campaign as "an unacceptable violation of the Constitution," stressing that Article 1 mandates "military action to be authorized by Congress."

Rep Mark Pocan expressed concerns about the risk of the US getting entangled in another prolonged conflict without congressional authorization. "The White House must work with Congress before continuing these airstrikes in Yemen," he insisted.

Rep Cori Bush, a member of the far-left "Squad," went further, calling the airstrikes "illegal" and imploring President Biden to "stop the bombing and do better by us." She tweeted, "The people do not want more of our taxpayer dollars going to endless war and the killing of civilians."

Rep Rashida Tlaib, who has previously accused Biden of supporting "genocide" against Palestinians, condemned the Yemen offensive, stating, "The American people are tired of endless war," and describing the airstrikes as unconstitutional.

Global Context and Political Ramifications​

The airstrikes in Yemen come in response to a series of drone and missile attacks by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels against shipping vessels in the Red Sea. A senior administration official defended the action, citing the obligation to protect global trade and commerce.

"The United States carries a special, historic obligation to help protect and defend these arteries of global trade and commerce," the official told reporters Thursday, as quoted by the New York Post.

"And this action falls directly in line with that tradition. That is clearly reflected in both our national security strategy and the national defense strategy. It is a key conviction of the president and it is a commitment that we are prepared to uphold."

The strikes mark a significant escalation in the Middle East conflict, occurring amid President Biden's reelection campaign and growing Republican criticism of his global leadership.

The move follows intensified warnings and comes a day after GOP candidates Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley criticized Biden for perceived delays in protecting US forces and assets in the region.

Craftmade Lighting ZA2600-MN-LED Outdoor Wall Lantern Contemporary Acrylic Approved For Wet Locations In Contemporary Style - 4.75 Inches Wide By 16

Craftmade Lighting ZA2600-MN-LED Outdoor Wall Lantern Contemporary Acrylic Approved For Wet Locations In Contemporary Style - 4.75 Inches Wide By 16

Ad
1STOPlighting

Despite the administration's efforts to avoid deeper involvement in the Middle East, escalating Houthi attacks and the imperative to reestablish deterrence pushed the White House towards military action, CNN reported.

"These targeted strikes are a clear message that the United States and our partners will not tolerate attacks on our personnel or allow hostile actors to imperil freedom of navigation in one of the world's most critical commercial routes," Biden said in a statement. "I will not hesitate to direct further measures to protect our people and the free flow of international commerce as necessary."

Social Media Backlash​

Regardless, the president faced backlash on social media, with users calling for his arrest, prosecution, and even impeachment over the airstrikes launched without congressional approval.

"He should be arrested. If the President does not have immunity then he broke the law," one posted on X.

"So he can be prosecuted right?" another wrote. "Jail him up," a comment read.

"They should impeach Joe Biden and Kamala Harris," someone else added.

"Look it's not that big of a deal..c'mon man.. it's just a little bombing," another quipped.

The US President cannot just bomb, missile strike, drone any sovereign country any time he wants. This started pre-9/11 and has gotten steadily worse. It is time for an adult discussion of the limits on the President/Executive Branch to "wage war" vs Congress declaring war.

Syria is a great example - US combat troops have been "boots on the ground" In Syria for an extended time. How is US combat troops in Syria different from Russia invading Ukraine? Where is the outrage over Syria?

Biden admin removed Houthis from the terrorist list in 2021 but now are bombing the Houthis. Seems hypocritical to me. Why are the Democrats pro-Iranian? (Hamas, Hezbollah, and Houthis are all controlled/sponsored/supported by Iran).

It's illegal when anyone does it, and they've all been doing it. It's become the norm.
In recent history Obama did it, Trump did it, and now Brandon (I'm not claiming that it started with them).

We are no longer a nation of laws

Reactions: Pbgt
I am corn-fused. Why are there ad links in the post? Me no sabe...

People play loose with the Constitution as they see fit.

Last edited:
Eff the Houthis btw, but you need congressional approval before you go on the offensive.

Nothing worst then a limp dick democratic president, if we have to have a democratic president then I want one that shoots semen on the female interns.......

lewinskydress.jpg

Where is the line on this? Mexico is a greater risk to us than Yemen, are we going to bomb them next? Imagine having the power to kill people with no accountability.

Reactions: Jgunner
Biden admin removed Houthis from the terrorist list in 2021 but now are bombing the Houthis. Seems hypocritical to me. Why are the Democrats pro-Iranian? (Hamas, Hezbollah, and Houthis are all controlled/sponsored/supported by Iran).

why? Valerie Jarrett and by extension Obama, is why.

i thought it was just this last summer we removed the Houthis from the terror list?

This Khanna guy is a total, ignorant asshole. It blows my mind that this guy is an elected Congressman and has no idea what the Constitution nor the War Powers Act of 1976 mandate.

Constitution:
"The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To declare War"

This ain't a war, Khanna (fucking "Progressive" jerkoff)

War Powers Act of 1976:
"It stipulates the president must notify Congress within 48 hours of military action and prohibits armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days."

Let me repeat...60 fucking days, Khanna you imbecile.

What a fucking jerkoff and nobody in the so called "media" calls him out on it because they are politically bias and they too are fucking ignorant.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KYAggie and Pbgt
Seems like there was a time on this forum if you questioned/criticized our military involvement in anything you were called a antiwar unpatriotic hippy faggot.......oh wait that's only when there's a republican in office.....:unsure:
I've reevaluated how much i trust government to solve any problems. I will say i like how Trump would drop a dick on anyone fucking around without increasing our presence in the region. The older i get the more i believe there's very few things worth sending our sons to die for and ratheon and Boeing needing money isnt one of them

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Every president has abused the War Powers Act since it was a thing, so sadly, what Biden is doing isn't without precedent. Doesn't make it any less illegal though.

Pretty much every war we've had since WW2 has been illegal, most of those under the veil of the War Powers Act.

Eff the Houthis btw, but you need congressional approval before you go on the offensive.
Wouldn't offensive be shooting the bad guys before they shoot at you, before the ships left the dock?

This Khanna guy is a total, ignorant asshole. It blows my mind that this guy is an elected Congressman and has no idea what the Constitution nor the War Powers Act of 1976 mandate.

Constitution:
"The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To declare War"

This ain't a war, Khanna (fucking "Progressive" jerkoff)

War Powers Act of 1976:
"It stipulates the president must notify Congress within 48 hours of military action and prohibits armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days."

Let me repeat...60 fucking days, Khanna you imbecile.

What a fucking jerkoff and nobody in the so called "media" calls him out on it because they are politically bias and they too are fucking ignorant.
Explain US forces in Syria. Congress declare war on Syria?

Reactions: kthomas
Nothing worst then a limp dick democratic president, if we have to have a democratic president then I want one that shoots semen on the female interns.......

View attachment 8321195

Actually he is at the Mexico Four Seasons w/ Gavin Newsome. I was thinking Hunter would join them to avoid arrest. J/K, no one is getting arrested.

Last edited:
Had me at “retaliatory offensive strike “. Are you required to have a degree in double speak to be elected?
Retaliation should have happened after the first attack.