• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hypothetical : Texas Secession

You know, I hate to sound like a grammar Nazi, and Lord knows I've made plenty of mistakes myself along those lines, but the word is spelled "secession" not "succession". Are we all slaves to auto-correct or something?

Damn, it feels SOOO good to get that off my chest! 😅
Words matter

TX would need an internal revolution itself to fix the nonsense that is its gov’t before secession should even be considered. TX leadership decided who can work and who can’t just like in the Dem states. TX traitor gov abbott told city mayors to impose mask requirements in businesses. TX banned the life saving drug HQZ from being prescribed to treat covid. TX lied about covid hospitalizations and pushed testing of the well to fake a pandemic. TX is encouraging and assisting in the foreign invasion of the state. If a TX man were to defend his state from foreign invasion, TX leo would arrest or kill him. TX acknowledges and continues to support and work with an unconstitutional federal gov’t instead of arresting every federal employee in the state.

If TX were to secede right now it would look just like the marxist overthrown USA that it split from. Absolutely no difference. TX is on the same team as the insurgents. Every state is. This secession discussion is so far of base it’s laughable. This is coming from a man who would support a Sovereign TX if TX wasn’t led by criminals. I wonder how much money the cartels pay abbott and the state legislators to betray the rest of us?

This was highly talked about in 1990 when I lived there and I'm sure it was talked about long before then too. The practical problem with secession has more to do with #'s of representatives and the poor populations and even though Texas is big, I don't think it can be split correctly to make it work.

In 30 years, I'm sure it will still be talked about.

There is no revolt, no revolution, nor reformation coming. Please fix your state from within. The rest of us are watching.

There is no revolt, no revolution, nor reformation coming. Please fix your state from within. The rest of us are watching.
You sir are incorrect.

A reformation and battle lines are currently and have been being drawn for awhile now. In current years it has accelerated and is my believe will continue to until we hit a point were fracturing occurs.

An example to use is scotus ruling abortion back to the states. Some states have banned or severely limited it while others have protected or expanded (if they actually could at this point).

There is no common ground.

Some states are eliminating cash bail while others are unwilling to even consider this.

Weed usage, needle handouts, trans rights, kids being castrated.

There is no common ground.

These issue ( while only a small example) and plenty more will continue to divide this nation to failure.

Some states and regions will have an easier time transitioning while others will suffer catastrophic fallout.

Edit:

We have not even touched on outside influences.

Reactions: XP1K
People keep thinking states. If so and so state or states succeed, things would be great while others say they can’t survive.

Look at your state. Look at how each part of your state is voting, is heading to what direction. You will see that the the problem is not what the state wants, but it is what the rural areas compared to the urban areas want. It is not states succeeding but large areas of the rural American succeeding. And I beleive, forming a new nation is Not the Answer!

What I beleive is the answer is allowing these large urban/extremely radically left leaning areas to become automatous or semi-automatous City States. There they can run their cities as they like without the Constitution holding their desires back. And the rest of the nation can adhere to the Constitution. Both the City States and the Nation can coexist, each getting benefits and supporting each other without having to live with (or suffer from) the others belief’s desires.

A final though. Permanently moving into or away from these city states would require the same restrictions that currently exist when immigrating into the United States legally.

People keep thinking states. If so and so state or states succeed, things would be great while others say they can’t survive.

Look at your state. Look at how each part of your state is voting, is heading to what direction. You will see that the the problem is not what the state wants, but it is what the rural areas compared to the urban areas want. It is not states succeeding but large areas of the rural American succeeding. And I beleive, forming a new nation is Not the Answer!

What I beleive is the answer is allowing these large urban/extremely radically left leaning areas to become automatous or semi-automatous City States. There they can run their cities as they like without the Constitution holding their desires back. And the rest of the nation can adhere to the Constitution. Both the City States and the Nation can coexist, each getting benefits and supporting each other without having to live with (or suffer from) the others belief’s desires.

A final though. Permanently moving into or away from these city states would require the same restrictions that currently exist when immigrating into the United States legally.

Or you know just overthrow the small group of Global Elites that push just about all of this stuff on humanity.

The funny part is that your plan is actually very much exactly what the Global Elites want. Slowly push most of humanity into big tightly controlled massive cities while the rest of landscape becomes property of the Elites and used under their control and direction for either their own leisure or to have serfs produce crops to feed the cities. And yes you'd need papers and permissions to go between the city and the country serfs area.

It's been openly playing out in Europe for some time, and it's playing out here in a slow but steady way.

It's a foolish fantasy to think that you can have evil living beside you and everybody being happy staying on their side of the line. In the end there can only be one. Evil is way more prepared and willing to do what it takes than good is these days.

I'm pretty sure that one side would not let the other exist in peace. We have a large number of people that want to force their lifestyle onto others.

Reactions: BCP
Or you know just overthrow the small group of Global Elites that push just about all of this stuff on humanity.

The funny part is that your plan is actually very much exactly what the Global Elites want. Slowly push most of humanity into big tightly controlled massive cities while the rest of landscape becomes property of the Elites and used under their control and direction for either their own leisure or to have serfs produce crops to feed the cities. And yes you'd need papers and permissions to go between the city and the country serfs area.

It's been openly playing out in Europe for some time, and it's playing out here in a slow but steady way.

It's a foolish fantasy to think that you can have evil living beside you and everybody being happy staying on their side of the line. In the end there can only be one. Evil is way more prepared and willing to do what it takes than good is these days.
Yes that is exactly what they want, put us in their cities so they can tightly control us. Why such a big push for short range, expensive electric vehicles. What I am suggesting is put Them in Their cities and leave the rest of us the Hell Alone.

I was trying to be diplomatic (which is a kind way of stating … “Screw Them!”). You read what I wrote backwards.

Yes that is exactly what they want, put us in their cities so they can tightly control us. Why such a big push for short range, expensive electric vehicles. What I am suggesting is put Them in Their cities and leave the rest of us the Hell Alone.

I was trying to be diplomatic (which is a kind way of stating … “Screw Them!”). You read what I wrote backwards.

It would be nice if it worked out that way, but their next move is to come for all your land.
The Global Elites are not going to be happy letting you do as you want alone, and they don't plan to let you.
Just like right after the revolutionary war was won, the city folks sent out the army to go tell all the country folks how they were now going to pay property taxes to the governments the cities controlled to help make the bankers and kings whole.

The good folks are only just now waking up to how far behind they are and how much control evil has gotten.

Just like now the richest folks are buying up huge tracts of farmland and nature land
The government is tying up the rest.
They don't have to do it all at once, they can wait a generation. As the old folks die off, the government comes in with inheritance taxes, property taxes, new environmental regulations, land use restrictions, water use restrictions and the rich folks offer a big bag of money to the children or grandchildren to give up the fight and go get a luxury apartment in some big city. Others may stay to work the land after it is owned by the Elites.

Even if you want to live separately in peace, you won't be able to.

The world that is coming is not going to be pretty and the problem is unlike before, there is no new lands to go escape to, unless you get off the planet (on something not owned and controlled by the Elites).

The Lexington was nicknamed “the gray lady” not ghost
It’s been a while since I’ve been to the Lexington. I just looked up ‘grey ghost Texas’ on ‘the google’ and it as well as the Enterprise and the Hornet popped up. Regardless, it is the Lexington at Corpus Christi.

It's foolish to think that you can vote out a govt that wasn't voted in. The Steal has been codified into law in MI ( totally Dem majorities in both state houses plus Gov, AG, SoS) and PA, MN, and WI. AZ is locked up blue, GA is more corrupt than ever. Without those states, there will never be a another republican president. Dems will solidify their lock on all institutions, including the press, and their hold on the reins of power will be absolute in a few years. Presently, it looks like balkanization is the only option for freedom. I'm strongly considering a move to TX or FL before it becomes impossible. Even if TX doesn't secede, it's the best positioned to push back.

I wasn't arguing the validity of the grid or what they should do. I was pointing out that if failed and lots of people died and they begged for federal money when that happened.
Your wanting to argue a point that doesn't matter. I am saying if they leave the union sure you don't pay federal taxes, but you don't get aid either. And you would also probably lose all trading and dealing with the other 49 states.
It will never happen that 1 state leaves it just can't work.
Ukraine doesn't pay Federal Taxes and has gotten a serious fortune (They do kick back to the Dems though). Being a state of the US isn't a requirement to get lots of bucks from the American Taxpayer.
The real issue of Secession is multi-fold: Less than 20% of Colonists actually supported or fought in the American Revolution against the Brits. It won't be any better this time. And no it won't be a simple filing of notice and polite communiques of policy and adjustment, since the Liberals have been purging and conditioning the American Military to shoot at Americans (which will then be "Texians", and not Americans), they will assault Texas borders, and mobilize from within the state, so it will be a fight.
20% of the Colonists in the American Colonies fought for or were supportive of the Brits. Actively worked against the Colonists in Revolt. Some even wore the Green uniform of the British American Forces. That won't be any better either. and the remainder just didn't care one way or the other. 60% of the populace just sat it out, in the 1770's

Regarding your statement aout trade, on the contrary, there will be plenty of cross border trade, from all directions, both sanctioned and smuggled. There already IS. Lots of it. That's part of the current problem. The federals of the US cannot stop current trade and smuggling now, and they wouldn't be able to stop trade with the Republic of Texas, one iota.
It won't be pretty, and I personally think that is the real reason a secesion would never get off the ground. Americans are too fat, lazy, dumb and addicted to their TV and circuses, to actually do anything substantial.

SPOILER ALERT:
Secession of any state requires congress approval.
Fat chance considering Texas is a large revenue generator for the treasury.
I got a good laugh from that.

Reactions: wade2big
Please point out to us where in the US Constitution that TEXIT would be prohibited.
Not in the constitution…

‘One nation. Indivisible…’

The question of secession was settled by the US Civil War.

• Haha
Reactions: eca7891
I doubt it would ever happen, but permission isn’t asked concerning things of this nature. Who would we ask for permission anyhow? The unconstitutional president, congress, and court system? Those criminals?

In the 1869 case Texas v. White, the court held that individual states could not unilaterally secede from the Union and that the acts of the insurgent Texas Legislature — even if ratified by a majority of Texans — were “absolutely null.”
So, by that logic, then the provably stolen election of 2020 means Biden can't appoint a SC justice. It's all null and void.

Reactions: rdog52
Not in the constitution…

‘One nation. Indivisible…’

The question of secession was settled by the US Civil War.
This is an incorrect view of history.

In fact the south did secede. The north just did not recognize it.

The north then brought forth a war to conquer the south. In which they were successful and absorbed the south back into it.

Reactions: NoDopes and rdog52
This is an incorrect view of history.

In fact the south did secede. The north just did not recognize it.

The north then brought forth a war to conquer the south. In which they were successful and absorbed the south back into it.
Let’s say you decide to divorce your wife. You pack your shit and move out of the house. Your attorney draws up paperwork and has it delivered to your wife. She doesn’t sign said paperwork and goes to court to contest the divorce. After a 4 year legal battle, the court sided with your wife and keeps you married. We’re you ever actually divorced?

Yes, the South seceded. No, the North did not recognize the secession. A war was fought. The South lost. The Union was preserved. Not “reformed”. Preserved.

Sure, any state could secede. But, there is no legal means for a state to do so. It would result in a war pitting that state against the federal govt. This played out 160 years ago. It didn’t end well for the secessionists.

Texas secession is a pipe dream that crops up every few years. There is no traction for it, nor is there a legal mechanism to affect it. It’s not going to happen. And, it would be a financial blunder for Texas and Texans if it did…

Reactions: lariat
If you can name how the south did not operate as an independent nation and how the north still had control over them during this time I will agree with you.

Yes, the South seceded. No, the North did not recognize the secession. A war was fought. The South lost. The Union was preserved. Not “reformed”. Preserved.
You contradict yourself with this statement.

If you can name how the south did not operate as an independent nation and how the north still had control over them during this time I will agree with you.
The CSA was not recognized as a sovereign nation by any other nation and entered into no foreign treaties. In the most important aspect of being a nation (recognition), the CSA fell flat on its face.

You contradict yourself with this statement.
I could put secede in quotes, but the effect is the same. The south said “we’re taking our ball and going home.” The fed said “nope.”

The CSA was not recognized as a sovereign nation by any other nation and entered into no foreign treaties. In the most important aspect of being a nation (recognition), the CSA fell flat on its face.
They openly traded with foreign nations.

You could call that a free trade agreement.

MANY are looking at this wrong. The US was started as a corporation of states, with the Fed side providing for protection, settling of disputes between the states and equal representation. We have moved away from that. We are now functionally a series of governments under the protection of a suzerain. The states are now effectively vassals of the Federal government, and that isn't going to change.

And the US appears to be a vassal of other suzerains. By and large real state autonomy is dead. One of the oldest government models is still around and we are living in it, though no one will tell you. Probably because they don't even know themselves. You need to know what style of government you live in or you will believe false ideas.

If you looked at governance as though it were a pyramid, the states are at the bottom. And the USG doesn't appear to be at the top either. To put it bluntly, there will be no secession; the world governments will see to that.

Quick read:

Last edited:
Likewise, the CSA was unable to preserve the split they wished to enact. If the south had won the civil war, then you’ve got an argument. But, the civil war was a war to preserve (or not) the union. No victory, no nation.

MANY are looking at this wrong. The US was started as a corporation of states, with the Fed side providing for protection, settling of disputes between the states and equal representation. We have moved away from that. We are now functionally a series of governments under the protection of a suzerain. The states are now effectively vassals of the Federal government, and that isn't going to change.

And the US appears to be a vassal of other suzerains. By and large real state autonomy is dead. One of the oldest government models is still around and we are living in it, though no one will tell you. Probably because they don't even know themselves. You need to know what style of government you live in or you will believe false ideas.

Quick read:
This is somewhat how I am viewing this.

The states were in a contract. When the government violated this contract (the constitution) they exited it.

This is somewhat how I am viewing this.

The states were in a contract. When the government violated this contract (the constitution) they exited it.
So you are hitting the point I am making: in a suzerain type of system the only way to dislodge is to fight it out. It didn't work in the CW, and it certainly won't work now. It wouldn't be Texas vs USG, it would be Texas v the unified world governments in the form of kinetics, embargoes, and no trade agreements of any substance because no one wants to have their country turned in the AFG or UK for their lack of fealty. In addition, the rest of the world likes to get money from the US taxpayers too much. There is no reason for anyone to come to the aid of a state that wants to leave.

But most want to dream instead of looking at reality.

I acknowledge the challenges you listed but I’m unsure in todays world just how effective those would be.

Do I think there is a high likelihood they would succeed by themselves. No. If a group of states would do this then the likelihood would increase. But out of the entire US it is my belief Texas would have the highest odds to do so solo.

So you are hitting the point I am making: in a suzerain type of system the only way to dislodge is to fight it out. It didn't work in the CW, and it certainly won't work now. It wouldn't be Texas vs USG, it would be Texas v the unified world governments in the form of kinetics, embargoes, and no trade agreements of any substance because no one wants to have their country turned in the AFG or UK for their lack of fealty. In addition, the rest of the world likes to get money from the US taxpayers too much. There is no reason for anyone to come to the aid of a state that wants to leave.

But most want to dream instead of looking at reality.
30% of the texas budget comes from federal dollars...theyd be bankrupt immediately

for the ones who will say "texas is top 10 economy in the world", your right but now remove all federal dollars and spending from the state and the secondary spending (called the money multiplier) as well

the military would pull all military bases, boarder patrol etc out of texas..more people and money gone

that means all the supporting economy is gone as well

other states would build oil infrastructure because of import and export tariffs, again removing more money from the state budget

fun to talk about because the news cycle is slow, but theres a better chance of winning lotto 2x in a row than texas staying alive if they separate

I really don't understand why people even bother debating this.
It's nothing more than hot air that fake blow hard politicians like to puff out anytime they want to shine up their credentials a bit.

If you are in Texas long enough, you get to understand the pattern.
You kind of backstabbed your constituents and are afraid you might be primaried.
Go make some big blow hole statement and get all the idiots to forget what you just did.
Go back to doing what you always wanted to do once the primary is over.

I30% of the texas budget comes from federal dollars...theyd be bankrupt immediately
I suspect you did not think that through before posting. Or maybe you don't really understand where "federal dollars" come from. Texas averages over $120 billion/yr. net loss to the fed govt. We would be even MUCH better off financially if that burden was lifted.

Reactions: NoDopes
Just think how much money in foreign aid would flow in from countries wanting to see Texas succeed in their effort to secede.