• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns I’m curious...what distance are you sighting in your RDS on your PCCs?

I zero at 25m POA=POI with a red dot. That’ll give you only about 1-2 inches declination up or down out to 100. At 200 POI will be about 25” below POA, so holding at the head will give you below chest connections. You could stretch it out to 300 but imo if you’re worried about 300, you’re better off going with a rifle caliber sbr. When you do it double check your sub’s holds though, every gun might be a little different but in general you’ll be within the specified POIs.
Hope that helped.

I zero at 25m POA=POI with a red dot. That’ll give you only about 1-2 inches declination up or down out to 100. At 200 POI will be about 25” below POA, so holding at the head will give you below chest connections. You could stretch it out to 300 but imo if you’re worried about 300, you’re better off going with a rifle caliber sbr. When you do it double check your sub’s holds though, every gun might be a little different but in general you’ll be within the specified POIs.
Hope that helped.

Yes, the reason I brought this up is because I’ve always done my PCCs at 25-35yds. But I had some younger people in the local SWAT telling me that 50 was better, of course they never would tell me their reasoning.

At the distance I'm competing with that gun / its anticipated SD usage.

Reactions: kriller134
Near and far zero. Basically the bullets trajectory hits the line of sight twice, one when it’s going up and one when it’s coming back down. With 25m, the far zero is at around 90m if memory serves me right.
Now if it’s a swat team doing it, I’m 99% sure they do it to have an easier holdover for ranges within 10-15m. 50m zero is about an inch to inch and a half lower than the 25m zero if that makes sense.

Reactions: deersniper
As the title states, what’s your preferred RDS zero distance for your PCC and why?
I have a 16" barrel FX-9 with a Burris AR-1X and I have it sighted for 100 yards. It's only 2 - 3 inches low at 25 and 50. And, it will hit at 200 using the bottom subtense crosshair.

Reactions: shoobe01
Near and far zero. Basically the bullets trajectory hits the line of sight twice, one when it’s going up and one when it’s coming back down. With 25m, the far zero is at around 90m if memory serves me right.
Now if it’s a swat team doing it, I’m 99% sure they do it to have an easier holdover for ranges within 10-15m. 50m zero is about an inch to inch and a half lower than the 25m zero if that makes sense.

I guess I just don’t see enough benefit. I mean a 50 isnt that much different than a 25yd zero unless your going out past 200 and then I’m not using a PCC.

Reactions: GetReal
Zero will depend on use of the PCC. I use mine for IDPA, so maximum distance is 30 yds with most targets closer. So I zero at 25 yds, knowing I might have to hold a little high for a small, closer target.

I guess I just don’t see enough benefit. I mean a 50 isnt that much different than a 25yd zero unless your going out past 200 and then I’m not using a PCC.
Yeah, if you’re going past 200, 25 is even a better zero than 50m. The only time you really want the 50 zero is if you’re doing a lot of t-box training at close ranges, bit for most people it’s unnecessary. SWAT teams on the other hand do days worth of tbox training.

Yeah, if you’re going past 200, 25 is even a better zero than 50m. The only time you really want the 50 zero is if you’re doing a lot of t-box training at close ranges, bit for most people it’s unnecessary. SWAT teams on the other hand do days worth of tbox training.

Just spouting off stuff they know, I reckon. As you said, of little use for someone from my perspective. I’ll pass and keep my 25.

Reactions: Pugster and Gas
I run a 15 yard zero, never more than an inch off to 65 yards. One more reason for doing so is both my MPX's sport C-more 8 moa dots, the closer you zero, the easier it is. I have a 3 moa dot on my JP, I'd have to chrono that one more time to see where it needs to be. I am not shooting some KYL rack with the things.
PCC.jpg

I've got mine zeroed at 25yds only because the range I took it to after mounting my Primary Arms microdot only goes out that far. May try taking it out to 50 once I get back out to the range here soon.

I zeroed my Ruger PC Carbine and the Aimpoint T1 at 25yards.

Like others have mentioned already, from 10 out to 100 yards, my zero allows me to group within +/- 1.5“ high or low from my point of aim.

I zeroed my Ruger PC Carbine and the Aimpoint T1 at 25yards.

Like others have mentioned already, from 10 out to 100 yards, my zero allows me to group within +/- 1.5“ high or low from my point of aim.
I don't mean to call you out here, but there is no 9mm ammo capable off what you are claiming.
Here is 357 mag lever gun shooting a 125gr hp at 1850 fps, zero at 33 yards, it will do what you claim.
henry.jpg

Reactions: Pugster
I don't mean to call you out here, but there is no 9mm ammo capable off what you are claiming.
Here is 357 mag lever gun shooting a 125gr hp at 1850 fps, zero at 33 yards, it will do what you claim.
View attachment 7335720

No worries :) I posted incorrect information and shouldn't have done that.

Based on the online calculator from ShooterCalculator, I will be switching my zero to the 15yard that you recommended. My Ruger PC Carbine set up with the red dot at 1.75" above the bore shouldn't be more than +/- 2inches high or low from POA at zero out to 100 yards.

ShootersCalculator-9mm 15yard Zero.jpg

No worries :) I posted incorrect information and shouldn't have done that.

Based on the online calculator from ShooterCalculator, I will be switching my zero to the 15yard that you recommended. My Ruger PC Carbine set up with the red dot at 1.75" above the bore shouldn't be more than +/- 2inches high or low from POA at zero out to 100 yards.

View attachment 7335766
Let me apologize, that is pretty solid data for 1280 fps. I've ran calcs over 1400 fps with self defense ammo that does not look that good.

Let me apologize, that is pretty solid data for 1280 fps. I've ran calcs over 1400 fps with self defense ammo that does not look that good.

I should be the one to apologize. This is what I get for not verifying second-hand info :)

9mm at 1280fps is on the hot side; My primary 9mm ammo is S&B 115gr. It’s not too dirty and accuracy is acceptable in my pistols and carbine.

How close would those numbers be if you were running 9mm +P+ at 1550FPS? Just curious for my self education

Reactions: Milo 2.5
I should be the one to apologize. This is what I get for not verifying second-hand info :)

9mm at 1280fps is on the hot side; My primary 9mm ammo is S&B 115gr. It’s not too dirty and accuracy is acceptable in my pistols and carbine.
I hate to sound like a nerd, but I chrono'd a bunch of 9mm ammo out of a 14.5" JP, the best numbers by far were S&B 124gr. Shooting off hand at 100 beside a Labradar so not an accuracy test though. I'd buy S&B in a heartbeat if a friend did not run an ammo business.

How close would those numbers be if you were running 9mm +P+ at 1550FPS? Just curious for my self education
One more time, 2.5" sight height, 33 yard zero, way gooder.
9mm1.jpg
On barrel length, I used 14'5", but that does not matter, just speed, I am not an expert, but after a certain length, drag has to enter. Guy would have to get a long barrel and start lopping it off to get numbers, but then those numbers would only be for that load. We ran tests one aft, learned if you want pinpoint accuracy from a PCC, it comes with more expensive bullets. Buying more expensive bullets doesn't seem wise with magazine extensions holding up to 50 rds.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Thanks, I just had to satisfy my my curiosity really. My 9mm PCC only has a 4.5 inch barrel so shouldn’t be any accountable drag. Might be fun to snag up some 90 grain +P+ to play with.

Thanks, I just had to satisfy my my curiosity really. My 9mm PCC only has a 4.5 inch barrel so shouldn’t be any accountable drag. Might be fun to snag up some 90 grain +P+ to play with.
Lol, sounds fun, you should be able to just use pistol numbers at that length. I have one MPX cut off at 6.5", one MPX 8" and a 14.5" with pinned comp. I did way too much fucking around with this crap for the amount of ammo I burn today.
I upped my game to lever action pistol cases, and have a Win 1886 yellowboy 38 spec in my cart right now, sure it will be mine before I go to bed. Have to be careful with these things when 38 spec is mentioned, may need 158gr bullets seated to 357 mag length to work, not my cup of tea. LMAO

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Gotta love some lever guns too. I’ve played with a few 38WCFs and 32WCFs. Fun rounds and good straight shooters. I’d say buy it, but based off your post, you probably already did! Happy shooting

• Haha
Just for you alls info, most of this depends on the ammo used and what velocity you are getting. For example, there isn’t a lot of variation between a 25 and 50yd zero for pistols of 5-7” barrel lengths running 115 to 124 grain ammo at 1150fps. You can further validate that with playing with any ballistic calculator you want. Shouldn’t be more than roughly a 5-6” max spread and anything between at 100yds or less. Now past that it starts to fall off rather quickly. So pretty much either of those zeros aim at a man size target and your going to get a hit somewhere inside of those ranges, if memory serves me correctly.

25 is probably the most common unless there is very specific reason to shoot long range with it.