• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I’ve got Strelock Pro, What’s next?

Nicholas Baio

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2022
Texas
26EE36A1-D6EA-4C70-94A1-CA1290EA1AB6.png
So I have Strelock Pro, but what’s next? I’ve got all of my specifications, does this look correct based on what I have?

Gun Setup:
Tikka T1X MTR .22LR 1/16.5 Twist Rate 20” barrel
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MRAD
Vortex PMR Medium Plus Height
Evolution Gun Works 40MOA Pic Rail

BTW, what is the moa offset in Strelock? Is that my rail? I do not understand that, and no one explains it in any video.

Things I need:
Chronograph
Kestrel

I know that I need those items to get accurate D.O.P.E. But trying to make due with what I have while still upgrading my rifle at the same time.

MOA off set would be if you put a can on and it’s shifts the POI a known amount, then the app can adjust for the known shift.
Oh okay, so that would apply when I’ve got the suppressor on, good to know. How do I factor in my actual MOA offset into the app?

Oh okay, so that would apply when I’ve got the suppressor on, good to know. How do I factor in my actual MOA offset into the app?
You don’t have to account for the MOA of the base in the app, it doesn’t really play much into the ballistic solver

You don’t have to account for the MOA of the base in the app, it doesn’t really play much into the ballistic solver
doesn’t the 40MOA base effect the overall travel in my scope though? I guess that’s where I’m confused. Because after zeroing, I have roughly 18.5 Mils of travel available left in my reticle

doesn’t the 40MOA base effect the overall travel in my scope though? I guess that’s where I’m confused. Because after zeroing, I have roughly 18.5 Mils of travel available left in my reticle
It will effect that travel but the the “solver” doesn’t really know or care to know what you’ve got for travel. I will admit it would be cool if it somehow integrated the scope travel into the app

It will effect that travel but the the “solver” doesn’t really know or care to know what you’ve got for travel. I will admit it would be cool if it somehow integrated the scope travel into the app
Gotcha, but the number it spits out, will be inaccurate though based on the base pic rail offset, right?

You also don’t have to have a chronograph if you want to get rolling now and can play with one once you get it. Just set your muzzle velocity at 1,073 in StrelokPro. Zero rifle at your zero distance. I suggest 50yd then go out to known distance like 100yd, 125yd, 150yd, and see how it matches up to your point of impact. If your a little high on all drop your velocity a tiny bit and if your low bump it up a little till things match up. This will get you basically there pretty easily without chronograph. Your zero is your zero and corrections in the app are the corrections from there, that’s basically why your moa rail doesn’t apply.

Reactions: Nicholas Baio
Gotcha, but the number it spits out, will be inaccurate though based on the base pic rail offset, right?
All the rail does is give you more elevation adjustment from your scope. It doesn't factor into Strelok at all except for any added scope height which you have already entered.

All the rail does is give you more elevation adjustment from your scope. It doesn't factor into Strelok at all except for any added scope height which you have already entered.
I guess it factors into the scope to bore height then?

You also don’t have to have a chronograph if you want to get rolling now and can play with one once you get it. Just set your muzzle velocity at 1,073 in StrelokPro. Zero rifle at your zero distance. I suggest 50yd then go out to known distance like 100yd, 125yd, 150yd, and see how it matches up to your point of impact. If your a little high on all drop your velocity a tiny bit and if your low bump it up a little till things match up. This will get you basically there pretty easily without chronograph. Your zero is your zero and corrections in the app are the corrections from there, that’s basically why your moa rail doesn’t apply.
Gotcha. My rifle is zeroed at 50, so it’s just a matter of bumping it up and confirming from there

Honestly you would do it anyway even if you had a chronograph with confirmed speed to put in StrelokPro. It’s confirming your data and making sure your ballistics are matching up to your solver. This is why you really don’t even need a chronograph. You want the bullet to tell you what’s correct not the solver. The bullet doesn’t lie!

There’s a method to this madness and you will find the method of how to confirm data on the hide. With center fire it helps to go out far but with 22 it can all be done inside of 200yd

Is there some kind of manual available for Strelok Pro. I ask this, while I understand most of the app features thru trial and error, there's one section I question.

In the cartridge profile, in the Bullet speed f/s button. What is the true use for it? I know I add my MV at the given temp for the first line. For line 2 to 5, do I add more MV data at different temps? What's purpose for the Generate second pair button?

Sorry for the thread hi-jack

Is there some kind of manual available for Strelok Pro. I ask this, while I understand most of the app features thru trial and error, there's one section I question.

In the cartridge profile, in the Bullet speed f/s button. What is the true use for it? I know I add my MV at the given temp for the first line. For line 2 to 5, do I add more MV data at different temps? What's purpose for the Generate second pair button?

The multiple speed across temp is nice if you’ve a powder that’s unstable across a Wilde range of temps. It allows the software to see the spread in speed and adjust the ballistic solution across the range of temps.

I’ve used it for hand loads that will be used pretty much year round from 32* through 95* and factory ammo that’s got an unknown powered that might not be temp stable.

Reactions: 6.5SH

First, unless you really understand the impact of various temperatures affecting different powders, in the main setup (gear icon), I suggest you unselect the "Consider Powder temperature."

For a given load/cartridge, select "bullet speed, f/s." If you have selected a cartridge from the database, it will put the manufacturer's spec, e.g., SK Standard Plus - 1073 FPS, 59F. NOTE: To the best of my knowledge all annotate the velocity based upon standard ICAO:

1658508286472.png

You can also select the "Generate second pair button" button wherein Strelok Pro will generate a second pair, e.g., 1055 (fps) 41 degrees. I recommend you do so. It will automatically factor in the temperature when determining velocities. Select "OK." to save the info.

You should be good to go.

Reactions: Simonsza1
First, unless you really understand the impact of various temperatures affecting different powders, in the main setup (gear icon), I suggest you unselect the "Consider Powder temperature."
Pro tip right there. I had it on for half of a match once. LOL. It will wildy overestimate the MV delta for temp deltas. Or it did for me.

next is to delete it, and get applied ballistic and download the custom drag models

Man, I have two engineering degrees and still struggle with the complexity of this App. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Parkerized
If you guys do Facebook Igor has a Strelok group and it's full of good info. He is also very active in the group and fixing issues as they are found..

Using strelok for rimfire I have had the best results zero at 50 yard. True MV at 100 yard. True BC at a handful of points from 100-desired range. My misses are not the fault of the calculator. Only my own skill or laziness when I initially set it up.