• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am in Desperate need of a Lock-N-Load A-300 Winchester Mag Modified Case

Uahtrapper

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2019
I have tried every where
If you can point me in a direction of one or If you have one I can Buy it would be greatly appreciated.
I can Venmo asap

Thank You

In stock at Creedmoor sports.

Thank You
But once you put it in your cart and go to checkout it says Out of stock backorder ok

any other options

Make one I can’t remember the thread pitch but you can drill a fired case out and tap it and get it done that way.

Never used these guys, but as able to add to cart and is in stock.

If you send Hornady a case that has been fired in YOUR rifle, they will make you one for not a lot of extra $.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.58.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.58.36 AM.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: Baron23
It’s really cheap and easy to make them from a fired case and you have one that actually fits your chamber. You can buy the tap you need off Amazon for $10-$20.

It’s really cheap and easy to make them from a fired case and you have one that actually fits your chamber. You can buy the tap you need off Amazon for $10-$20.

That's what I do.
Bought the tap and it takes me about 5 minutes from start to finish including polishing the case to make it pretty...😉

I make my own
Really easy to make
Drill it
Tap it
Run a mandrel through it with a half wrap of paper to open up neck.

Easier way to proceed (and you might totally abandon the Hornady tool, as I did):
  1. Resize a fired case per your usual process.
  2. Use a hacksaw or Dremel tool to make two vertical cuts on the case neck, from mouth to shoulder.
  3. Resize the neck. You now have a case which will hold a bullet snugly but allow said bullet to be moved with relatively light pressure.
  4. Seat a bullet long in the split-neck case (you want the bullet correctly aligned).
  5. Push the assembled "cartridge" completely into the chamber, which will push the bullet into the lands before the bullet slides back in the split case.
  6. Taking care to protect the crown, insert a cleaning rod into the muzzle and carefully push the "cartridge" loose.
  7. Repeat steps 5-6 a few times, until you don't feel resistance to pushing the bullet out of the lands.
  8. Take your COAL / CBTO measurement.
I found that this procedure gives CBTO measurements to the lands that are much more consistent than the Hornady tool ever did.

My $.02.

Thank You and for a bonus they had 6.5 PRC and Creedmoor

Every major outlet is on backorder till March of Next Year

Reactions: samb300
Want to borrow mine? I'll loan it out. Just PM me if you want to pay for shipping

Easier way to proceed (and you might totally abandon the Hornady tool, as I did):
  1. Resize a fired case per your usual process.
  2. Use a hacksaw or Dremel tool to make two vertical cuts on the case neck, from mouth to shoulder.
  3. Resize the neck. You now have a case which will hold a bullet snugly but allow said bullet to be moved with relatively light pressure.
  4. Seat a bullet long in the split-neck case (you want the bullet correctly aligned).
  5. Push the assembled "cartridge" completely into the chamber, which will push the bullet into the lands before the bullet slides back in the split case.
  6. Taking care to protect the crown, insert a cleaning rod into the muzzle and carefully push the "cartridge" loose.
  7. Repeat steps 5-6 a few times, until you don't feel resistance to pushing the bullet out of the lands.
  8. Take your COAL / CBTO measurement.
I found that this procedure gives CBTO measurements to the lands that are much more consistent than the Hornady tool ever did.

My $.02.
^^^100%, this works much better actually than the variability I get with the Hornady product. Marc from Spartan rifles does the same. This is the same process as the Hornady if one was wondering. It is just the viability in the ultra-light case neck that makes it harder to get a consistent reading as pointed out above.

Are you just looking for the Jam or...? You dont have to have this if so you can find Jam pretty easily without the Hornady Mod Case...

Last edited:
Always wanting to learn.
To adjust the oal to the oglive to Lands

what's the other option