• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I recently picked up a Sig 226 X-5 Legion. It is, without a doubt, the best shooting and feeling handgun I have ever put my hands on. I never thought I would say that about a non-1911. Everything about this gun just screams "fire away".

My wife and I ran over 500rds in our first session. I variety of everything from cheap blazer to top end Underwood and all of it ran flawlessly. Including some Buffalo Bore "Outdoorsman" which is a hard cast flat nose. It all ran flawlessly.

The ports and weight absolutely make it shoot flat. In my opinion is shoots better than the Staccato XC or XL that I had. The ergonomics are also amazing, the gun just feels perfect. I had average sized hands (wear a large glove) and have found 2011s to have too large a grip for me to shoot well. Not so with this Sig, it almost feels like the gun is holding onto you not the other way around. Also, the trigger guard is checkered front and bottom.

It also fit all my Sig 226 (railed) holsters which is convenient. The safety is very positive and feels just like a well fit 1911 safety. The gas pedal takedown pin works great and the mag release is quite large and easy to engage.

I added a Trijicon RMR and the newer Sig Xray rear sight. It comes with an adjustible, tritium rear sight btw.

I hope they make a carry sized version at some point.
20231028_154703.jpg

I recently picked up a Sig 226 X-5 Legion. It is, without a doubt, the best shooting and feeling handgun I have ever put my hands on. I never thought I would say that about a non-1911. Everything about this gun just screams "fire away".

My wife and I ran over 500rds in our first session. I variety of everything from cheap blazer to top end Underwood and all of it ran flawlessly. Including some Buffalo Bore "Outdoorsman" which is a hard cast flat nose. It all ran flawlessly.

The ports and weight absolutely make it shoot flat. In my opinion is shoots better than the Staccato XC or XL that I had. The ergonomics are also amazing, the gun just feels perfect. I had average sized hands (wear a large glove) and have found 2011s to have too large a grip for me to shoot well. Not so with this Sig, it almost feels like the gun is holding onto you not the other way around. Also, the trigger guard is checkered front and bottom.

It also fit all my Sig 226 (railed) holsters which is convenient. The safety is very positive and feels just like a well fit 1911 safety. The gas pedal takedown pin works great and the mag release is quite large and easy to engage.

I added a Trijicon RMR and the newer Sig Xray rear sight. It comes with an adjustible, tritium rear sight btw.

View attachment 8259244

They did... Like 30 years ago called a 224 and a 229.....

Yeah that's why I have a few Elite 229's. They are fantastic guns. The 228 is also very good and almost the same gun.

The ports and weight absolutely make it shoot flat.
my P365 X Macro Comp has the same ported slide & I can see/feel a difference in recoil

What size are you hoping for? There is the P229 Legion Compact (no comp though), but I wouldn't count on Sig making a SAO carry gun. Other than that, the P365 XL Spectre Comp/XMacro Comp/AXG Comp are similar

It's increasingly difficult to understand Sig's product lines/sublines...

my P365 X Macro Comp has the same ported slide & I can see/feel a difference in recoil

What size are you hoping for? There is the P229 Legion Compact (no comp though), but I wouldn't count on Sig making a SAO carry gun. Other than that, the P365 XL Spectre Comp/XMacro Comp/AXG Comp are similar

It's increasingly difficult to understand Sig's product lines/sublines...
Same as a 229 but with the grip angles of the new x-fives

SIG needs to hurry up and make me a P225 SAO with titanium frame :LOL:. I'd settle for a 365XL with a curved trigger - or I can just keep shooting my Glock 48 and call it good. I've been a SIG shooter for a long time, and I appreciate their classic line... but I wish they'd be a little more "basic" at times. I despise pivoting triggers that are flat rather than curved... and, my P320 taught me that.

View attachment 8259244
Congratulations!!! This is a very nice gun!!! I am glad that Sig is bringing X-series back! I am waiting for X6 or P210 Super Target! I own P229 Legion, one of my favorite pistols to shoot!!! Enjoy your X5!!!

IMG_6536.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette

Guess you've never used one of these
20230110_192513.jpg

They shoot good too

Last edited:
Good looking gun @wvfarrier , that TXG grip is nice isn't it?

I just added a P320 X5 Legion to the roster. Not quite as ballin' as your 226, but certainly good enough for who it's for 😂

Reactions: wvfarrier