• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am over SHOT SHOW

If you are a vendor all shows are long. And yes, other than keeping your name out there money spent usually doesn't justify being there. It's a hell of a toll on your body and family being gone that long.

Reactions: superde
What not going to SHOT has gotten me ...

So I painted what will become the live stream studio, the SH media room, etc.
IMG_2483.JPG

Instead of a whiteboard I did blackboard paint with a simple frame. (not talented enough for anything fancier)

On the other way, I put clamps up so I can hang the different backgrounds I have accumulated over the years so I can change up the look.

The color I went a bit unique, I did a blue/gray/purple so I lift the objects off the background and I have a few extra pieces of flair coming. vinyl-type stuff down the road.

So back to the wall and color, it's unique but affords me the ability to change it via software, as in

IMG_2470.JPG

This test image to this crafted version after the edit

IMG_2470.JPG

Small but enough to change the look ever so slightly, as in this other image

IMG_2476.JPG

Same set up, same background but I let the software get creative with the background

So NO SHOT For ME, means work around here for SH Stuff ...

I've gone a couple times as part of a firearms training company, enjoyed it, but I could see how after going for 20 years you may be a little burned out.

View attachment 7786836
Instead of a whiteboard I did blackboard paint with a simple frame. (not talented enough for anything fancier)

On the other way, I put clamps up so I can hang the different backgrounds I have accumulated over the years so I can change up the look.

The color I went a bit unique, I did a blue/gray/purple so I lift the objects off the background and I have a few extra pieces of flair coming. vinyl-type stuff down the road.

So back to the wall and color, it's unique but affords me the ability to change it via software, as in

View attachment 7786838

View attachment 7786839

View attachment 7786840
Same set up, same background but I let the software get creative with the background

Is the carpet going to match the drapes?

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
Look at you go!
Nicely done! Just make sure the rug pulls the room together
No area rugs!!!

A huge tripping hazard for older adults and a cause of hip fractures.

And yes, even falling that little of distance could break a hip!

Stay safe with the bare floor Frank!

Pics or it didnt happen, Frank.. Black leather couch, nothing less is acceptable.

Reactions: RS14
What's the criteria these days ?

Is it a woman that is good at decapping or polishing your brass?

Went in 2020 for the first and last time. Way too many people with a ton of idiots walking around filming everything. Decided once was more than enough. Agree - you can get just about the same level of information off the internet and company pages now and be more comfortable. Things I didn't like outweighed the positives too much.

Not a fan of huge crowds.

Honestly, kinda feeling some second thoughts about not going to Shot this year. This year is the biggest I can remember when it comes to optics and optics are my jam. In addition to the Minox LR and Bushy XRS3 that came out earlier and I reviewed, there is also the Zero comp ZC840, Zeiss LRP S5, Sightron SIII PLR, Vortex gen III, Leica Geovid 32, a handful of LPVO's, and who knows, maybe Trijicon brings a Ventus. Eventually, I'll probably get my hands on some of this stuff but I do think there is some value in talking to the dude about it in person and reading what he is saying with his expressions instead of what the PR handout says. At least, there is at booths were you get a dude and not a dressed PR handout. Between all the new optics stuff, the super cheap prices on travel from the covid panic, and the fact it has been a few years since I have seen a lot of the folks that I only see there, it might have been a good year to go.

On the other hand, my feet don't hurt right now, I spent the last couple of days installing more return air vents to improve my houses HVAC, I didn't have to spend any cash on travel, and my wife got a week in at work and going to physical therapy for her foot instead of having to cover my shifts with the kids.

I've got some big time FOMO going on though, I'm telling you. Probably too many years away and I'm starting to forget the parts I don't like.

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
Honestly, kinda feeling some second thoughts about not going to Shot this year. This year is the biggest I can remember when it comes to optics and optics are my jam. In addition to the Minox LR and Bushy XRS3 that came out earlier and I reviewed, there is also the Zero comp ZC840, Zeiss LRP S5, Sightron SIII PLR, Vortex gen III, Leica Geovid 32, a handful of LPVO's, and who knows, maybe Trijicon brings a Ventus. Eventually, I'll probably get my hands on some of this stuff but I do think there is some value in talking to the dude about it in person and reading what he is saying with his expressions instead of what the PR handout says. At least, there is at booths were you get a dude and not a dressed PR handout. Between all the new optics stuff, the super cheap prices on travel from the covid panic, and the fact it has been a few years since I have seen a lot of the folks that I only see there, it might have been a good year to go.

On the other hand, my feet don't hurt right now, I spent the last couple of days installing more return air vents to improve my houses HVAC, I didn't have to spend any cash on travel, and my wife got a week in at work and going to physical therapy for her foot instead of having to cover my shifts with the kids.

I've got some big time FOMO going on though, I'm telling you. Probably too many years away and I'm starting to forget the parts I don't like.
Looking forward to the ZC840 review.

Well you didn’t miss much. If I didn’t live 30 min from Vegas I wouldn’t have gone. This year it was a bloody mess. Normally there are so many people you can’t move. Not this year, I was able to cover every floor in two days, and that was taking my time. Many minor vendors never showed and over half the major vendors were a no show, with a sign taking up their empty space with their apologies, and they hope to see you in 2023. This year it reminded me of a gun show with every type of black rifle accessory you could think of. It was an AR15 shooters wet dream. Yes it was cool meeting up with people I might only see once a year but like I said I live here, I wouldn’t spend money on travel and hotels for this show if I didn’t, I think it‘s useful life has passed, And yes my feet are killing me.

Last edited:

View attachment 7786836

View attachment 7786838

View attachment 7786839

View attachment 7786840

Some guys are lucky enough to be able to use super expensive tripod setups as masking tape holders. Sweet.

Reactions: PDXGS
It is usually in February in Dortmund Germany. This year it is pushed back until this summer.

Tragically very few booth babes, but I heard Shot doesn't do that as much anymore either. The Russian hunting companies usually have a few, but they are just the daughters or chicks that actually work there.

Hohe Jagd in Salzburg is also wonderful, quite a bit smaller but really wonderful.

German shot show is called EWA European Weapons and Armament show it is in Nuremburg I think in March or April.

EWA is similar to SHOT, mostly vendor to supplier type show.

Hohe Jagd and Jagd and Hunde are direct to consumer shows like RMEF, Safari Club, NRA and so on.

Do the German gun shows have the beer garden, how about the boxing ring?

I judge trade shows by the quality of thier side shows.

Trade show conversation " hows the show, great, where did you eat?"

Back in the Day SH Had a booth at SHOT, (it actually become the Rifles Only Booth) we used to do meet and greets and get-togethers, but the problem was people who can't attend SHOT

The PRE opens up the door for me, I got to meet a bunch of the guys at the PRE but also in the future we can do "beer gardens" and meet and greets and things that are much easier like a couple of Kegs of beer and time for people who are already there.

I think we need a realignment in the industry, as we have fractured the groups and everyone is off in 3 different directions, something like the PRE with predetermined meet ups can bring people back together

Frank, as I know you are well aware.
We need a complete realignment of every aspect of society....and government.....and trade.....etc etc.

Reactions: stefan73
Unfortunately until there is some sort of focal/rally point, whether it is a person or an event of substance, we're....uhh....fucked ?
I sure wouldn't want to be that person and I'm certainly not qualified.
Volunteers ?

Frank, fuck that SS, i would like you to do a youtube video of that new Zeiss of yours.
Do something you like, it will get your life back in track ;)

Do the German gun shows have the beer garden, how about the boxing ring?

I judge trade shows by the quality of thier side shows.

Trade show conversation " hows the show, great, where did you eat?"
It is more like a big hunting show, but it is the first hunting show in Europe for the calendar year so it ends up being a new release show.

Food is awesome, there are acres of German food.

Beer gardens everywhere, a lot of booths have them. Not in the gun area, but in the outfitted hunt area.

S&B been releasing some good stuff. Now if they would just make better reticles.