• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this question.....

I'm not sure what you are asking. Widefield was a Redfield model as was the "Accurange". Did you mean were those used on M40's? My answer was yes, but not in an official capacity as I understood it.

Further, were Widefields equipped with the Accurange reticle? I can't say I've seen them with the 'official' reticle. But I have seen them with the 'double-crosshair' that sizes as you dial up or down in power.

Late in the M40's career All manner of 3-9 Accurange scopes were used, in the field.

The M40's still at Crane have a couple of Widefields, some gloss black round objectives, some matte black round objective. Even different crosshairs.

One Greeny in the Badger collection has a thin cross hair with a target dot. This scope came right out of DRMO in the mid 80's

More than one old 2112 has told me that when the 40's were getting to the end, getting any scope redfield had that fit the rings and the power range were used.