• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am ready for an annealer

Re: I am ready for an annealer

I need volume and speed.
This will be for 50 BMG, 308 and 223.
I ran 500 BMG and 1200 308 through the Giraud yesterday.

CP

I ran right at 500 pieces of 300WM off my tail gate in about 45 minutes. All you need is a drill, propane torch, and a bucket of water. I set the torch in a fixed position on the tail gate and held the drill and dumped the cases into the water bucket. Takes about 4-6 seconds per case, and you go as fast as you can insert the case into the holder. It works well.

Get one from ken light if your going to get a machine there very well made. I went on haves with a neighbor and got one. Here's a tip for you ,If your going to use it for bmg you'll have to rig up a third torch or use map gas for kens machine to work.

Otherwise just do it the way chadtrg42 decribes above.

My friend has a Ken Light annealer and loves it. I kind of like the Brass-o-matic, it is set up for dual torches, I like that, and will do everything from 223 to 50 cal without changing anything. The Brass-o-matic is $449.00 and the Ken Light is $390.00 I currently use the Hornady kit and would love to upgrade, just hate to spend the money and take up another corner in the garage.
myerfire

I would get the brass-o-matic if I was you. I got saw the new Dillon .50 BMG progressive press in the new American Rifleman today and about creamed my pants.

Brassomatic ordered.
The Dillon will be a while I hear.

CP