• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I am scopeless :(

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Having owned my ST_10 for 9 years, I just dropped it in the mail to 03psd as he is the new owner while I await my MST_100.

Pretty hard to let go of, like an old friend!!

I believe it is going to a good home and I hope he gets maximum useage from it!
smile.gif

Re: I am scopeless :(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're getting a MST 100... <span style="font-weight: bold">I'll cry you a river.</span>
</div></div>

You said it!

Yeah but you see, and I hope John does not mind me saying this now, back in 2000 when I ordered the ST-10 they were making SN-6's for the FBI and per John I got #4 on an order as they were only made in batches of 4.

So that ST-10 was a phenomenal scope.

It was just too tall and I like my stock- it would have worked on an A5 stock just fine...

Speaking of optics, how ARE the optics on the MST-100?
laugh.gif

Shooting mine today, and it's always fun. My M40a1 does nothing that my match .308 doesn't do better, but I think I'll hold onto this rifle longer than any other.

I will find out in a few more weeks!
I understand that there can be a small issue concerning the semi fixed parallax on the MST in that if it is set at 300m then you may have just a little trouble at 100 with focus. Since these are not a target scope and have rather rough adjustments for wind/elev it should not really matter to most. The parallax can be set to wherever you want but I have read that the adjustment is very tricky, and probably better left alone in the long run.
If the optical clarity is close to what the SN3 I had was like then I will be happy, I won't dick with the parallax.

I read about that and will do some posting - there was a great article by a former Marine Sniper about setting it to 300 and how to adjust - think it was in one of the books I read.

I liked the EXTREME accuracy of the SN-6/ST-10 but I believe that if a Marine Sniper can hit a body sized target at 1000 yards with this scope then I can hit a 2 foot wide target as well...(I believe in myself
smile.gif
)

100 is a little fuzzy for me but in a tournament I rarely notice. It's not the greatest scope for shooting groups, but mine are normally in that .7" (5 shot) range.

Thanks - I figure I'm not into groups as much although they are fun, the CBS is the important one, and just getting onto target.

I can accept a .5 MOA spread now...LOL

I set mine on 300 and can see 100 on out fine ....Very clear glass I think it's clearer then the SN 3 ..Just takes a little getting use to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having owned my ST_10 for 9 years, I just dropped it in the mail to 03psd as he is the new owner while I await my MST_100.

smile.gif
</div></div>

Not to worry, it will be well cared for. Its going on a BO 20MOA LH base on top of my 700 LTR. I think the BO base is a little lower then the USO so hopefully it will work fine. I use a thin cheek pad as well so I am optimistic it will work. I am looking forward to the range this weekend. I have yet to see a USO at the Benton Gun Club, several NF but no USO, at least that I have seen. We have a 600 yard range that I look forward to banging steel on. Now if I can just decide on 168 or 175gr SMK.....

Thanks again ArcticLight for the solid deal and great communication. I will look for it Friday in the mail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having owned my ST_10 for 9 years, I just dropped it in the mail to 03psd as he is the new owner while I await my MST_100.

smile.gif
</div></div>

ArticLight - PM sent