• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am thinking 6BR!!

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I think i am going to let Robert Snyder build me a 6BR for my next rifle. I have always wanted one. I cant seem to find any brass though? I am also hung up on what kind of stock to put it in. I was hoping some of you fellas that have a 6BR on a rem 700 could post some pics of your rigs, so i could get some ideas. I would like to shoot some F-class so i need to keep this in mind. Can you use a Mcmillan a5 for f-class? I have never shot it before. Problem is, there's not much of any rifle comps around here. Later!! Lee

Re: I am thinking 6BR!!

You will be in open class and I highly doudt you will be competative against 7WSM, 6.5x284 etc. etc.JMHO. Your wind reading skills will have to be top notch to place.

I also have a custom 6.5 creedmoor. I may order a Mcmillan bench stock but i dont know what one i need? 100-600 yards is were i would like to shoot. I was the Illinois state sporting clays champ in my class for two years. I am very competitive, but this rifle bench shooting as all way new to me, What Mcmillan stock would you suggest? Lee

I would suggest picking one caliber and learn what it does in the wind. I shoot 6XC and while there are better cartriges out there, I guess, I know what my boolits do, 115 DTAC at 2950. I am near the end of my first barrel with this cartrige and just now getting good with it. BTW, you don't shoot F Class from a bench. Most of the f class I have shot has been 8,9, and 1000 yards. Though not formal, Tiger Valley, it's all been from a bipod and rear bag.

I know you dont shoot from a bench, You can use a benchrest type of front rest though. I told you i dont know much about all this, I just want to jump in and try it, That's how i am! I feel like i can accomplish what ever i set my mind to! I made state champ sporting clays shooter my second year of competition. I can do! I just donr know what discipline to tr first! Lee