• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I asked for a day off...

dlc356

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2006
B'ham, Alabama
...and was referred to this.

So you want a day off. Let's look at what you are asking for:

There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 available. You spend 20 minutes each day on coffee break that counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a one hour lunch period each day, you have used up another 46 days leaving only 22 days abailable for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves only 20 days available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is now 15 days. We generously give you 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be DAMNED if you're going to take that day off!!!

Re: I asked for a day off...

wow, whoever wrote that fails at math. they are counting the same time 3 or 4 times in some instances. if you worked it out in hours, it would be more accurate. assuming a standard 8-5 shift with a 1 hour lunch break, you have: 8760 hours per year, 2496 weekend hours, 3915 off work hours, 87 coffee break hours, 261 lunch hours, 16 sick hours, 40 holiday hours, 80 vacation hours, this leaves 1865 working hours of which you are asking for 8 off. 1865 translates to 77.7 straight 24 hour days or 233.1 8 hour shifts with no breaks.

if you break it down per hour people who work 4, 10 hour shifts save more of their lives due to not having that fifth lunch break every week. and don't even get me started on guys like me who work closer to 60-70 hours per week.

I'm not laughing, you must be in managment?

Now should I go through how much of managments work I do on top of my work load?
wink.gif

jr,
Didn't mean to get you worked up bro. The math was what made me laugh about it. Counting the same blocks of time and so forth... I'd swear it came from our main office at work.

not worked up in the slightest. i've just worked for dipshits who thought like that. thought i'd provide you with a counter argument so you can get your day off.
cheers.gif