• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I cant be the only one that likes MRE

Surely I'm not the only one that genuinely likes MRE food. I'm not saying it's 5 star food and that I'd want to eat it everyday but for rations it's not bad at all and it doubles a great laxative for when you really need to take a healthy dump šŸ˜‚
Are you high?

Did you ever have to eat them for a year?

They are the exact opposite of a laxative... Straight brick sideways coming out...

Most the vegetarian ones were the best...cheese tortellini ftw

South Korean ones were ok.

There are a few of the old menus that were good. Some of the newer ones were just stupid
Yeah hashbrowns as a main course is pretty dumb. The chili Mac is pretty good along with the ravioli. You can definitely tell almost everything has a hint of protein in it. The drink mixes are salty and they have some zip to em lol

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Younger guys (Go-gurt generation) would swap those like hi-value baseball cards. Amusing but never caught that wave.

Reactions: brianf

Followed by : if you know.... You know....

SAM_0291.JPG

Last edited:
loved the peanut butter and crackers you could spend hours picking that stuff from the roof of your mouth .
1670528428985.png

and those super dry vacuum packed crackers that could be used to break rocks lol man that was some cool shit and powdered tang .

loved the peanut butter and crackers you could spend hours picking that stuff from the roof of your mouth .
View attachment 8016709
and those super dry vacuum packed crackers that could be used to break rocks lol man that was some cool shit and powdered tang .
Oh yeah the chocolate PB spread is like a delicacy but those damn crackers are either hard as a rock or they're so fragile that they're already broken.

Five fingers of death, and the ham slice were always a crowd favorite.

The freeze dried fruit bars were good too.

Artic MREs werenā€™t that bad either
It's been a long time ago. Probably almost 20 years but I opened one and the oatmeal cookie was nothing like a cookie. More of an oatmeal cookie that had been put in a press and made into a solid smooth brick. Had to break that sucker up but it wasn't half bad. Just very odd to look at

It's been a long time ago. Probably almost 20 years but I opened one and the oatmeal cookie was nothing like a cookie. More of an oatmeal cookie that had been put in a press and made into a solid smooth brick. Had to break that sucker up but it wasn't half bad. Just very odd to look at
The chocolate covered version was worth its weight in gold as trade fodder in the field.

MRE's will turn whatever is in your gut to mush, trying to squeeze a toothpaste shit out in a 140 degree blue shitter is about as miserable a project as you ever want. There is a 50/50 shot you will become dehydrated and die before you have scraped all the toothpaste shit out of your ass crack. I have a case of 15y/o MRE's at the house maybe it is time for them to be gifts for the Hide?

While the food products might tase like food and kind of look like food, judging by the horrible smell they render when reduced to turd paste...........................I kind of doubt they are all food.

I'd swear the "ham slice" was actually a slice of some sort of tumor or maybe whale penis judging by the weird color and texture. Chicken and dumplings or Tuna noodle slime were decent with hot sauce and a heater to warm them up.

Surely I'm not the only one that genuinely likes MRE food. I'm not saying it's 5 star food and that I'd want to eat it everyday but for rations it's not bad at all and it doubles a great laxative for when you really need to take a healthy dump šŸ˜‚
So after playing soldier for 10 years I can agree somewhat. I have seen the ups and downs of MREs ie veggie omelets before they got rid of it to when they tested out the buffalo chicken one on us in 2015. BTW that one was amazing. It didn't pass though so they didn't mass produce it, something about blowing your asshole out after eating.

I was the opposite I never had to shit after eating MRE I was usually backed up for a while.

To this day I will fight anyone over chili and beans, and chili mac. LMFAO my personal favorites.

When I first joined in 2008 the guys I met that were in were always saying how I will hate MRE's they really aren't that bad at all. Just not a fan of the vegetarian ones. Hell, I found one in an old ruck I had in my garage when I sold my house back in July. Not sure how old it was. I googled that they have a 10 year shelf life so I said why not. It wasn't bad, I did almost break all my teeth on the skittles though.

Reactions: vortexyz
Pound cake!
Bro the muffin tops were the best. I remember when they started putting the shakes in the mre's I can't remember what MRE had them but it was like a mocha something you add water too. Downside my last year in the found something in them that apparently was making people sick.

The chili mac, the spagetti and meatballs and the chinese one that I'm having a mental block about...weren't horrible.

Reactions: jpop8807
Y'all remember the Omelet from back in the '90s? Yeehaw! People fought over that one. Fought over getting stuck with it.

You mean #4?
Fuck, that was nasty.

Cheese tortellini wasn't too bad.

I usually tried to get the ham slice, some crackers and the jalapeno cheese spread.
Put it together and get your grub on.
Then drink 4 bottles of water or its never coming out. šŸ¤£

Reactions: MarinePMI
You mean #4?
Fuck, that was nasty.

Cheese tortellini wasn't too bad.

I usually tried to get the ham slice, some crackers and the jalapeno cheese spread.
Put it together and get your grub on.
Then drink 4 bottles of water or its never coming out. šŸ¤£
Highlight my post, and read the words you don't "see". :ROFLMAO: šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:

Iā€™ve lived on them during storms, they give me the shits like the other guy but the cake isnā€™t half bad.

Last edited:
I got fed those for 6 months straight and will go hungry for a long time before I ever eat one again.

I was in a course at Mackall and the mandate was that you had to eat all of your food. (Apparently some students during the summer didn't eat and passed out) Well, endless amounts of wheat snack bread is literally inedible at a certain point, so the only way to get rid of it was to take it in your pockets when you took a shit and put it in the hole first. No instructor in the world will find it then.

If the world ends, there are several square acres of wheat snack bread buried in nice foil packets out somewhere in Camp Mackall.

It should still be good.

View attachment 8016709
I always kept the crackers in my BDU coat pockets . . . but that was before we had ceramic plates.

I figured they would work pretty good for body armor.

. . . and then they did come out with the ceramic plates. I should have patented the idea.

Dutch are nice. British suck. Russian and French are a mixed bag. I'd like to try a few others but I'm not paying what they cost.
We ate at a French chow hall in Afcrapistan for three days in a row over there. If I never have French food again, it will be soon enough, and that wasn't even their version of MREs...beef kidney stew as the main course the first day, NASTY shit...and I've had a wild variety of "cuisine" around this spinning blue ball we call Earth.

Maple Sausage was a lie.

We never found anyone who had actually seen one.

Kind of like a Mitt Romney voter.
I found one right before I got out in 2018 It's not bad but the meat taste ummm, not like meat the maple syrup packet helps clean things up plus it comes with a muffin top mix it all together slather with the syrup. Then you're golden.

Oh, and whoever mentioned the Buffalo chicken above, you were spot on. That and chicken tetrazini were amazing.
Dude I never got that one. the Tetrazini. We were at NTC in summer when they gave us the few new cases to try out. The buffalo chicken one cut the big MRE bag in half cook that the spanish rice, and I think it came with cheese. Dump it in the big bag half mix it all together and fucking amazing. Downside most MRE's stuffed me up that one did not....at all. My shit was as orange as the buffalo sauce lol.

The little packs of M&Ms were good. They still have those?
No bro they do not, they are full-size packets of m&m's now. Regular and peanut ones, as well as skittles of every variety. If you get any of those they you don't get the muffin top, or pound cake though it takes the place of those. They also came out with like a vanilla milkshake powder and a few other shakes. You just have to mix it with cold water which we never really had in the field lol. Those weren't too bad tasted like a sweet protein shake lol.